Chris & Dan Everard are third generation Austin Healey specialists. Their Father Jon established JME Healeys in 1978 and since then JME have led the way in Austin Healey restoration and competition preparation.
In 2017, JME Healeys celebrated its 40th year anniversary and for the occasion we felt it fitting to build a car to our own specification using all the experience and knowledge of cars we have built over the past 4 decades. The car we completed surpassed all expectations of both performance and styling and sold immediately upon completion in February 2017.
The car you see in front of you is now the second of its kind. The JME Cape Works Special retains the integrity and simplicity of an original Austin Healey 100/4. Reimagined and built in the original Donald Healey workshop in Warwick. Our aim was to produce a car that not only looked fast & exciting, but it also had to be exciting to drive, mixing the power of a race car but the refinement and usability of a road car.
• New chassis fitted with new front & rear bulkheads using handmade panels, all assembled in house. Chassis
strengthened and modified at identified weak points.
• All aluminium crafted outer body. Tailored front wing vent louvers & front air scoop.
• Custom Perspex wrap around windscreen & custom swept sidescreens.
• Uprated and adjustable front & rear suspension.
• Front & rear anti-roll bars, custom fabricated and fully rose jointed.
• Dual circuit racing pedal box setup with 4-pot alloy calipers & vented front disc setup. 100S Dunlop rear discs & calipers along with Hydraulic handbrake.
• 3.66 Final drive.
• 2954cc from the original 100/4 Block and producing 207BHP.
• Full steel bottom end, with JME spec camshaft, forged pistons and roller rockers.
• JME Race Side exit exhaust system.
• JME hydraulic concentric clutch release bearing.
• Custom built foam filled fuel tank.
• LED Front Headlighting.
• JME 100/4 sport bucket seats with full tailored leather interior.
• 140mph speedometer & Chronometric Tachometer.
• Tailored short Tonneau cover.
• 72 spoke black painted wire wheels & Avon CR6ZZ Tyres.
Supplied with UK V5C registration document, detailed folder of restoration investment and comprehensive photo album of the entire build process.
Complete with 2 Sets of Keys, Thor Hammer, and jack.
For further information on this car, please contact us on our email address at using the button below or call our workshop on +44 the details below
This is an excellent example of an early BN1 which over the last 30 years has been restored and improved to a reliable and desirable drivers car.
Built in November 1953 this is one of the earliest.....
This original RHD BN1 was delivered to Car Mart in London in September 1954.
In recent years is has been changed to replicate the famous 100S racers with alloy body panels, oval grille and recognisable.....
This very early left hand drive 100-4 BN1 was one of the first 150 cars off the production line. Subject to a recent comprehensive restoration using only original parts the car has its correct rear.....