1989 Honda CRX 1.6i 16v Rio Red SOLD
| This advert viewed 2958 times|
|Located near Dartford, Kent.|
First Registered: 12 June 1989
MOT Expires December 2021
Last Serviced December 2020
3 Former owners
I have the V5 registration document.
I have taken over 50 photos of the car, including shots with sill covers removed, taken on Monday 13th April 2020. Contact me and I can share these with you.
I purchased this car in February 2013. In November 2014 the car was fully restored by Aaron Jessop, (well known to all on the Honda CRX UK forum and his work on CRXs I expect), to resolve the few minor rust issues that existed when I bought it.
You can see full details of the restoration work on the Honda CRX UK forum. Contact me and I can give you the link to the web page.
You will read about the high regard Aaron had for the car and that other than the obvious rust issues around the fuel filler flap, most areas that CRXs are prone for rust were completely clean.
You will read below that the car was originally purchase and used in Guernsey until it was imported into the UK in 1999 which will explain the exceptional condition.
The project thread fully details all of the work completed so I won’t repeat it all here, other than the car remains in the same condition now. (You will see from the photos that I have removed the sill covers to confirm they are still rust free.)
In September 2015 the original 16v wheels were professionally restored by Lepsons in Chatham, Kent at a cost of £450 and fitted with new Dunlop Sport BluResponse 185/60 R14 82Htyres. All of the wheels and tyres are still in mint condition.
During my ownership the car has been stored in a dry, damp free garage, (garage is integral to the house). It has been serviced annually by Freelance Honda in Chatham, Kent and any work required to keep it in tip top condition has been completed.
Needless to say, the car is in full working order, all electrics work, all heater fan speeds work etc. The boot struts hold the boot open! There are no known mechanical faults.
Recent Service/MOT History:
December 2019, Mileage: 68,693 (Included supply and fit of o/s/r brake caliper and rear pads)
April 2019: Replacement YBX5057 Yuasa Silver High Performance Car Battery 12V 48Ah HSB057 fitted.
December 2018, Mileage: 68,444
December 2017, Mileage: 68,128
December 2016, Mileage 67,729
December 2015, Mileage 67,295 (Gearbox oil was replaced with Honda MTF gearbox oil)
March 2015: (Front upper suspension arms replaced with Blue Print ADH28656 & ADH28657)
December 2014: Mileage 65,382
November 2013: Mileage 64,687. (Both outer CV Boots and both inner CV boot clips replaced. Both track rod end boots replaced.)
February 2013: Mileage 64,272 (Timing belt replaced)
November 2012: Mileage 63,846
November 2011: Mileage 63,818
September 2009: Mileage 62,299
September 2008: Mileage 60,306
September 2007: Mileage 58,673
August 1999 car was imported from Guernsey to England.
Fully stamped Honda Service booklets covering from first registration until May 1999. (Car serviced by Doyle Motors Limited in Guernsey.)
I have the original Honda User manual, pre delivery inspection check sheets, registration details etc.
The car is completed standard bar the following minor modifications/additions:
1) Professionally installed TOAD ai606 alarm system with central door locking kit.
2) Alpine iDE-178BT Digital Media Receiver with Bluetooth head unit fitted, (standard Honda cassette radio will be included in the sale).
3) Focal isc165 speakers fitted in the front doors behind the standard speaker grills, (standard rear speakers).
4) Momo steering wheel (I have the original wheel that will be included in the sale).
5) Clear front indicator lenses with amber bulbs (I have the original amber lenses which will be included in the sale).
6) K&N Panel Air filter.
7) Magnecor KV85 HT Leads.
8) Genuine Honda CRX mud flaps fitted front and rear.
9) Front & Rear floor matts supplied by 12 Tune.
10) Blue “Indoor” car cover in immaculate condition included in sale.
I genuinely believe this to be one of the best examples left in the UK. I will be sorry to se the car go but a growing family necessitates a more family friendly second car and as you can see from the history, it isn’t getting the use it deserves.
1) There is a slight bubbling of the paint in the sunroof panel in one corner. Please assume this is rust. Having said this, it bubbled fairly quickly after the sunroof panel was painted during the restoration in 2014 and has not spread/moved since so may simply be an unfortunate paint reaction. There was no sign of rust on the panel before the restoration.
2) The rear seat cover stitching has separated and needs repairing.
3) Plastic vent cover inside the boot opening near rear triangle is missing.
4) When the car is washed a small amount of water collects on the boot floor, (probably as a result of the missing vent cover). I always ensure the boot is dried after washing and there is no rust on the boot floor.
5) The odd minor stone chip.
6) The rear control arm bushes sometimes squeak when going over speed bumps!
I will include all various spares I have for the car, e.g. spare rocker cover, rear lights, light gaskets and anything else I find in the loft!
Now for the bit I am reluctant to add but feel compelled to so prospective buyers know how I will conduct this sale and to protect myself from time wasters etc.:
1) I am in no hurry to sell this car and will not sell it at less than market value.
2) I am not interested in a swap or part exchange.
3) I will not respond to any messages making offers from prospective buyers who have not viewed the car. Message me to arrange a viewing!
4) Test drives will only be permitted on presentation of a valid drivers’ license and fully comprehensive insurance. I am of course more than happy to take a prospective buyer out for a test drive.
5) A non-refundable £500 deposit will secure the car for 5 days after which full payment and collection must be made. I will only accept a deposit on the understanding that we have both agreed the sale price. I will not re-open a negotiation on the agreed price once a deposit has been paid. You either purchase the car at the agree price or loose the deposit.
6) Full payment to be made by bank transfer.
|Get notified about new similar ads
Stock Number ( 000077 )
This vehicle is an ideal investment opportunity , You could put this car away and your money will grow , Classic cars are better investment than property in this current.....
Looking to buy all Honda CRX VTEC VTi Civic VTi Type-R Models
Any age / mileage or condition
Please Ring / Email with details
1991 honda crx sir ef8 vtec
in black the car is in fantastic condition for a 30 year old car
it comes mostly stock which is quite hard to find now days as most are modified
- City of Bristol
- Compare insurance quotes
1986 honda crx mk1 1.6 16 valve edition, very very rare car, a diamond in the rough, getting hold of one of these is like gold dust!!! the car starts and drives bodywork is o.k considering its age.......
- Compare insurance quotes
With one previous owner and sub 100,000m, this mother/daughter owned UK car is a must for collectors. Working sunroof, full books and almost unmarked inside and out. It’s so much fun; it’s hard.....
- Compare insurance quotes