Arden Green with white roof. Gleaming chrome. Cream leather seats. Wood fascia and window surrounds. Beautiful original roof lining. Rostyle wheels sitting on excellent Federal ss-657 tyres. Electronic ignition. Stainless steel exhaust. Battery isolation switch. Original Radiomobile 1070 radio (professionally converted to FM radio and AUX cable input). V8 3.5 Litre engine. Smooth automatic gearbox. Everything is original and working as it should. An excellent example of this true classic British motor car.
The car lived in the Netherlands for almost 25 years (~1992 to 2017), where it was cared for with no expense spared. The car was owned by a country hotel and was used 30-40 times per year as a wedding car. In 2005, it underwent sympathetic restoration by specialist TR Classics of Oosterhout, Netherlands.
I purchased the car from Carrosso Classics and Sportscars in the Netherlands in December 2016 and it was delivered to Rees Bros in Aldershot in January 2017. I re-registered the car on its original number plate and understand from the V5 that the car had two previous UK owners between 1972 to 1992.
During my ownership, the car has been maintained solely by classic car specialist Rees Bros of Aldershot. No MOT is required, but while having the car fully serviced annually, for peace of mind I also have a MOT test undertaken.
I like to keep my cars in excellent original working order and below are some of the items I have invested money in:
- New Period style seat-belts (including 3 for the rear bench seat) with rare AmSafe chrome buckles. (The belts were manufactured and supplied by specialist FDTS Ltd of West Byfleet).
- New Rear wheel cylinders.
- New water pump.
- New heavy-duty battery.
- New high-volume oil pump.
- H4 Headlight conversion kit.
- New brake fluid reservoir cap and sensor.
- New reverse lamp bulb holder.
- New over carpets, made to measure by Danbury Car Carpets of Essex.
- Reverse engraved mirror line number plate from Tippers of St. Austell.
This fantastic car also features:
- A full set of original tools in its sliding tool-kit / picnic table.
- Separate heater control system for the back.
- Original speaker incorporated under the rear-shelf.
- Heated rear window.
- Original King Dick jack and brace.
- Fully operational Kienzle clock.
- Map reading lights on chrome stalks.
- ET headrests to the front seats.
- Valued by Hagerty Insurance at £15,000.
This Rover P5B has obviously been well-maintained during its 48-year life, which is why it retains such a great patina. It drives beautifully, has been 100% reliable since I have owned it and has the advantage of comfortably keeping up with modern traffic on faster roads.
A joy to drive that will bring a smile to your face.
Having received a sympathetic nut and bolt restoration, completed in June 2018, this Rover has just been returned to the road. It is a beautiful example of the marque and retains much of its originality.....
Unique Rover 3500 P6 total rebuilt by RR CLASSIC. Rover 3.9ltr engine with Edelbrock/Weber. Original (new old stock) Abarth exhaust especially made for Rover 3500V8 with stunning sound. LT77 5-speed.....
A rare opportunity to own a low mileage (FULLY RESTORED) 1975 Rover 2200 SC.(Less then 13000 miles) It is in Very Very Good condition, no rust, solid underneath, very clean interior. Any inspection.....
Another gorgeous Rover P6 for sale at RPi Engineering. This time, it’s a 1972 2000TC (twin carb) model. A very rare thing in the UK and a perfect way of entering the world and community of classic.....
This car was a barn find about 12 years ago which was the last time it was driven. The condition is very honest but a total rebuild would make it a concours winner.
History unknown but is an Australian.....