The Triumph Spitfire was introduced at the London Motor show of 1962. The stylish body was designed by Giovanni Michelotti with running gear based on the Herald. The Mk IV introduced in 1970 had the stylish “cut off” rear and modified suspension providing better road-holding and a more luxurious interior then any of the previous models.
Milestones are delighted to market our extremely rare Sienna Brown MkIV that was fully restored during 2011/12 at a cost in excess of £15,000
During the restoration all components were inspected and work included:
· Bare metal respray - replacement inner/outer arches and panels as required
· Engine overhauled – new pistons, big-ends, shell bearings etc
· Unleaded head conversion
· Brake servo
· Electronic ignition and new coil
· Alternator conversion
· New fuel pump and rebuilt SU carbs
· Made to measure mohair hood and replacement front/rear bumpers
· Work previous to restoration included full brake & suspension overhaul, new club interior including seats, carpets, wooden dash & steering wheel.
· Reconditioned rear axle and gear box recently fitted
The extensive history is contained in two large box folders including original bill of sale, passport to service, driver’s handbook, full photographic explanation of the restoration, all invoices dating back to 1973 and every MOT certificate from 1985….one of the best have ever seen
When a car has covered under 10,000 miles since full restoration, drives superbly and looks great with excellent paint/panel fit years after the original work was completed you know that the job was done properly and that you have no worries or potential nasty surprises in the future
Milestone’s drive 1,000’s of miles looking for classics just like this. We recommend early viewing in order to fully appreciate this remarkable Spitfire.
Triumph Spitfire 1492cc, MK4 model 1981, original first owner (Pharmacist)
first paint!! original interieur, The Spitfire war designed by Giovanni Michelotti in 1957.Production was from 1962 -1981......