A lovely car which is in good condition and runs very well. I purchased this Armstrong Siddeley Star Sapphire (1959) in England in 2015. During my ownership its mechanical has been extensively restored.
- Engine Rebuild/Overhauled and upgraded with new pistons and valves, reconditioned oil pump. Engine is balanced and runs powerful.
- Fully rebuild carburetors.
- The radiator was reconditioned.
- New water pump housing and pump.
- The braking system and the exhaust were updated with mostly new components.
- The generator was reconditioned.
- The gearbox was reconditioned.
- The suspension and steering systems were also overhauled, with new front and rear shock absorbers fitted and a pair new rear springs.
- New tripod headlamps were fitted.
The interior has also been entirely renovated by the previous owner, with new upholstery, a new headlining and new carpets. The wood work has also been restored by the previous owner. The body is rust free. A few little bubbles only are on the rear left wing.
The car is finished in the classic combination of Sand over Sable with Ivory interior. She is fitted with the automatic transmission, the power steering and the front disk break.
Car is known by the Armstrong Siddeley Owners Club (previous British registration YVC 275). She comes with a complete history file who includes together 2 keys, the registration book (6 previous owners), a maintenance manual, a factory spare parts list, a workshop manual, all previous MOT since 1972, all invoices for 20 years and the French registration certificate. So can be registered again without problems in UK or in Europe.
A 8 pages paper was issued about this car in the French old cars magazine “Rétroviseur” number 365 of April 2020 ( - details above). Car is located and can be seen in Nevers in Burgundy (France).
Asking price is €30,000 or £26,900 o.n.o. First contact by mail for further details.
1952 Armstrong Siddeley Whitley for sale (car currently in France). Comprehensive history of this car is available. Recently it has undergone a complete engine rebuild details of which can be found.....
- Chassis # SM1812295<br />
- Engine # E1812321<br />
- 1 Of Only 1022 Station Coupes Produced<br />
- Rare Left-Hand Drive Version<br />
- Older Restoration Showing Great Patina<br />
Before the outbreak of World War II,.....
1953 Armstrong Siddley Whitley With Rare Manual Gear Box , Presented in excellent condition and starts and drives very well . Lovely Navy blue leather seating and excellent headlining . Great looking.....
Armstrong Siddeley, a classic manufacturer of luxury limousines with the Sphinx emblem. <br />
OHV in-line six-cylinder engine with a displacement of 3,435 cm3 and a power 125 hp.<br />
Between the years.....
Armstrong Siddeley Motors ceased trading in July 1960 so this car has to be one of the last models manufactured as the car was sold new by Taggert's Glasgow and was first registered to Mr M Drummond.....