I am reluctantly selling my beloved Daimler Double Six Series III that I have owned and garaged for 20 years and never thought that I’d sell. Sadly the current crisis in aviation has thrown my employment situation into uncertainty and I’m having to reduce my collection of cars.
This is a late Series III registered in 1990 in Solent Blue metallic and Dorchester Grey hide in excellent condition. During my ownership the bodywork has had extensive attention with both front and rear screens having been removed, the surrounds repaired and resealed. Both front wings had rust cut out and new metal let in. The front and rear valences have both been replaced along with both rear lower pods. To protect it for the future the whole underside was stripped and resealed. The interior is in showroom condition, with all leather and veneer in perfect condition.
The car comes with an extensive service history from new. The supplying dealership was Paladin Jaguar in Surrey and they serviced the car for the first 10 services followed by Jaguar specialists. I have the original stamped service book as well as invoices for the subsequent work carried out. In total the car has been serviced 24 times, the most recent was June 2020 so the car is ready for the next year / 7,500 miles. Current mileage is 117,300. MOT is valid until Jan 2021. Significant work I have had carried out includes the following:
• Kent alloy wheels refurbished and fitted with new Pirelli P600 tyres
• Radiator replaced & cooling system flushed
• Air conditioning system completely rebuilt with a new compressor, condenser, drier, expansion valve and hoses
• Handbrake callipers replaced and mechanism refurbished
• Automatic transmission serviced and filter replaced
• Spark plugs and HT lead set replaced (often overlooked on V12s as it’s a time consuming job)
• Brake hoses replaced
• Ignition amplifier replaced
• Starter motor replaced with modern high torque unit (much more efficient)
• Engine control module replaced with re-programmed unit for better acceleration and economy
• Battery replaced
I can supply more photographs if wanted, including showing bodywork renovation. It currently has a cherished number plate which is not included in the sale as the original “H” registration will be returned to the vehicle. Please feel free to contact me for any further information. I would like to see this go to another enthusiast as it has been my pride and joy for 20 years.
The car is located in Weybridge, Surrey, 5 minutes from the M25 in between the M3 and A3. Alternatively, I can collect you from Weybridge station which is 30 minutes from London, Waterloo.
A close relationship of ours gave us the appreciated assignment to offer a selection of Jaguars & Daimlers from his private collection. It concerns XJ Series I & II - each of them with a 12 cylinder.....
After years of producing one of the world’s greatest saloon cars the Mk2 and its derivatives Jaguar had to leap into the modern era and market needs and launch a model that embraced all of the great.....