1953 Mercedes 220A Cabriolet Convertible Rare 1 of 1.2k made For Sale
|This advert viewed 71 times|
Located in the USA...
1953 Mercedes-Benz 220A Cabriolet Convertible - Euro German specs....
Transmission Type4 Speed Manual
Price:$Best offer please.....USD dollars....
Exceptional Documented Provenance From 60 Years of Single Ownership
1953 Mercedes-Benz 220 Cabriolet A
One of Only 1,278 Examples Produced
Exceptional Documented Provenance From 60 Years of Single Ownership!
Numbers-Matching Engine per Mercedes-Benz DataCard
Excellent Fit and Finish Throughout – Ideal for Tours/Rallies and Club Events
Recent Professional Detailing & Mechanical Service
Accompanied by Original Books & Roadside Accessories
As World War II ended, Daimler-Benz AG was in precarious health. In 1951, an upscale modernization of the 170 bowed as the 220 series, with the internal company designation of W187. Styling was similar to the 170, but its headlamps were faired into the front fenders instead of free-standing, giving the car a more up-to-date appearance. The engine, however, was completely new. It was novel not only in its architecture but also for its dimensions. The “short-stroke” was unusual in Europe at the time, but became the mainstay of Mercedes-Benz's line, and derivatives remained in production until the 1970s. More than 16,000 Mercedes-Benz 220s were sedans, but more discerning buyers also had the option of ordering a two-three seat Cabriolet A or a full four-seat Cabriolet B.
- Only 1,278 clients opted for the “A” version.
-Was completed October 17, 1953, wearing Blue (DB320) paintwork over Grey Leather upholstery, delivered November 9 and sold new to the Kaiser & Ganz company on December 18, 1953. Prior to purchase (Dec. 12), the 220 received its stunning Auto-Push Button Becker Monaco radio and antenna.
- A few years later, protective undercoating was applied on February 24, 1958 in Berlin at 77,075 kms. Shortly after, in May of 1958, was in the care of its second and nearly lifelong owner, Mr. Gherian of Detroit, Michigan.
- Records from the early 1960's to present are carefully filed in the car's dossier, along with an original instruction manual, all original matching Becker radio booklets and other period pieces.
- Displaying older but well-appointed restoration work, including the application of the current black lacquer paint and tidy grey upholstery the 220 Cabriolet A leave a lasting impression.
- The Cabriolet appears to retain much of its original trim, sheet metal, glass and auxiliary equipment and benefits from a recent mechanical inspection and tune-up.
- Fit and finish is that of a nice honest driver and thoughtful stewardship – an excellent candidate for local display or worldwide vintage touring. Tonneau cover with protective sleeve are available for open motoring.
- All 5 wheels are matching 10/53 production, complemented by correct 6.40x15 white walled tires.
- Period Bosch yellow fog lamps and working hazard traffic indicators compliment the presentation.
- In addition to records, an original Workshop Manual, jack, tire iron, roadside accessories and Kaco emergency light accompany.
- A particularly rare find - especially on this side of the pond, this incredibly elegant 1953 Mercedes-Benz 220 Cabriolet A, from over half a century of loving ownership, is now available from our USA showroom for worldwide purchase and delivery.
- This charming and timeless Mercedes-Benz 220 Cabriolet A will make a fantastic first classic or a welcomed addition to a growing collection.
Contact one of our sales associates today for competitive pricing!
To learn more about this vehicle, please
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Thanks for looking....joshz
|Get notified about new similar ads
The Caparo T1 is a British mid-engine, rear-wheel drive, two-seat automobile built by Caparo Vehicle Technologies, founded by design director Ben Scott-Geddes and engineering director Graham Halstead,.....
This trailer is specially designed for very low sports-cars
Price: on request
- Aluminum chassis
- Electric winch
- Spotlights inside
- Special ‘roof’-openings for Lamborghini’s with.....
Wanted Mazda mx5 for enthusiast , all models, 1989 to 2015,low mileage service history cars preferred but any thing considered please ring Stephen on the details below,Hertfordshire,for prompt attention.....
1928 Peerless 4DR Sedan
..Professional Ground up Restoration
..Won 1st at National AACA in Hershey, PA 1986
..Chocolate Brown Paint
..Black Fenders & Top
..Rarest of the 3 P's /
A very special and rare Ashley Sportiva from 1965, only 72 are made this year. It has the Ford V6 engine and manual 4-speed, it is the Original and once rebuilt engine.
Has got Belgian numberplates.....
The Benz Patent-Motorwagen (or motorcar), built in 1886, is widely regarded as the world's first automobile. The original cost of the vehicle in 1885 was $1,000 (equivalent to $26,337 in 2016). This.....
Bmw 323i in good condition 100 % original with sunroof , revised mechanically .
My name is Franco and our Company name is Italian Classic Cars Tel: 00 39 the details below.
Offered is a 1970 Autobianchi Bianchina Panorama Giardiniera Giardinetta Familiare (Station Wagon)
BLACK WITH BIEGE LEATHER ,DRIVES VERY WELL,153000 MILES WITH HISTORY AND BILLS,VERY SOUGHT AFTER 3 DOOR GOLF,
A beautiful and rare Lasalle 340 coupe from 1930 with nice features such as the Dickey seat and the optional heater system, this coupe model is hard to find nowadays and is a exclusive classic car......