1972 The best Morris Minor Pick Up Truck on the planet! For Sale
Here for sale is my absolutely astonishing Morris Minor pick up truck.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to buy the best Morris Minor on the planet! No exaggeration, you will simply never find another like it in your lifetime!
I have owned the car since 2007 where it underwent a full 2 year nut and bolt restoration. The restoration was carried out at The Morris Minot Millennium Company Ltd in Manchester by Martin Wood (MBE) and his son Paul Wood. This car was restored simply like no other. She was finished to the very highest standard and absolutely no expense was spared! They thought I was mad, I probably am but here is the result!
This was my own personal project that was brought to life with meticulous planning and decision making. Every single part of this car was thoroughly discussed, planned and executed to the highest possible specification ever seen on a Morris Minor before. So much so, it got the attention of every Morris Minor enthusiast when I was asked to feature her in the 15th Anniversary edition of the Morris Monthly Magazine. Since then she has been my pride and joy and has even been shown at Tatton Park multiple times.
In the 13 years of ownership she has only done 2,449 miles. Yes that’s right! Only 2,449 miles in 13 years. The car has been used for shows only and going out for nice country rides when the weather is gleaming. She’s never been out in the rain!
Now let me start with just a fraction of information on her specification for you:
- She is finished in original colours which I have done in 2 tone Maroon and Pale Ivory but of course in two pack paint. The colours are original and transcend throughout the car, from the wheels to the sun visor they are all finished in the same matching colours.
- As you can see from the photos I’ve had hand crafted leather seats also matching the ivory colours finished with a superb maroon piping. It just oozes class especially with matching Wilton hand crafted carpets too. There are also 2 original Morris Minor rubber mats to protect these. They are like new and you could eat your dinner off them.
- The safety belts were also hand made and are bespoke sbs quickfit buckle belts. Again in matching maroon.
- There is a period original fire extinguisher also in the car which is brass and just adds to the character of the car.
- Mota-lita steering wheel (not reproduction) finished and hand polished with love and a Morris badge just to add to the branding!
- All the switch gear has been completely re done to a new standard in cream! The glove box also has the same contrasting colours with the original ash tray underneath (obviously this has NEVER been used).
- All windows are nicely tinted to a very high standard as are the window felts. (Of course brand new).
- I have fitted the most incredible sound system and Alpine stereo which has Bluetooth, Aux and voice command etc. No expense spared and there is even a sub woofer finished in chrome in-between the seats.
- The shark fin aerial was imported from America and also adds to the stunning chrome look on the car.
- De seamed bonnet.
- Stainless steel sills.
- Tear drop lights at the rear, specially housed number plate with exquisite lighting.
- She is fitted with a Katrum exhaust system that is simply out of this world.
- Full halogen headlight conversion.
- Bentley type chrome grill.
- Disc brakes complemented with matching maroon brake callipers.
- Private registration 953 UK. Currently valued over £6,000.
Now for under the bonnet!
- She is fitted with a 1275cc MG engine complemented with a 5 speed gearbox.
- Air filter upgrade.
- All parts are either new or full restored original Morris Minor.
- Full new wiring loom.
The car drives like new, in fact better than she would have done on 1/1/1972 when she first came out of the showroom. Please note this is an original pick up not a chopped traveller. She is one of a kind, rare and exquisite.
The number plate 953 UK comes with the car at the asking price.
This is simply the finest Morris Minor on the planet. Serious enquiries only.
Located in Bowdon, Cheshire.
For any questions please call Michael.
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts