2006 Dax 427 De Dion AC Cobra Replica **SOLD** SOLD
|This advert viewed 587 times|
|DAX 427 DE DION |
** NOW SOLD ***
This car was professionally built to my specification in August 2006 by DB Replicas, the leading UK Dax build specialist, and is correctly registered as a Dax Tojeiro. It is powered by a 383 cu in (6.3 litre) 400 BHP Chevy V8 stroker engine built by Mike Huddart.
For the first seven years the car was, like most, used primarily for fair weather weekend drives, but from 2013 its primary usehas been for an annual 10 to 14 day European trip of between 2000 and 3000 miles.
Each spring the car has been fully inspected and serviced by me in preparation for that year’s tour. It has proved to be a very reliable car, with only a few minor faults arising on my seven annual tours to date, together totalling some 18,000 miles. Much of that mileage has involved top gear cruising on motorways at around 2300 rpm – the car’s “sweet spot” since changing to a 3.27:1 differential.
I have been the Thames Valley area representative for the UK Cobra Replica Club (CRC) since 2007, and I am also the UK representative for the European Cobra Club. Both I and the car are therefore quite well known within the UK and European Cobra communities, and my adventures in the car have featured in numerous articles in the CRC’s Snake Torque magazine.
Over my 13 years of ownership I have driven a total of 31,000 fun-filled miles in fifteen countries in this car. By usual Cobra standards the mileage might be considered high – but this car has had the ultimate shakedown test! This well sorted car has turned heads all over Europe, and I’m sure it will give its new owner as much driving pleasure as it has me over 13 glorious adventure-filled years!
There are some small retouched paint chips next to each windscreen wiper and on top of the right front wing, and a small scratch next to the right headrest under the high-level brake lamp.
The car is MOT’d until August 2021, and will be provided with all the previous MOT certificates, together with a large collection of receipts and documents, including the official Dax build manual.
Given the nature of these cars, I am unable to offer test drives, but I would of course be happy to take serious prospective purchasers for a run in it.
• De Dion chassis with Camber Compensation & Anti-Roll (CCAR) system
• 383 cu in (6.3l) Chevy stroker built by Huddart Engines, delivering 400 BHP
• 575 cfm aluminium Holley carburettor with vacuum secondaries
• Stainless steel engine bay cladding
• Aluminium lined bonnet
• Tremec TKO500 5-speed gearbox
• Jaguar 3.27:1 Powerlok differential, professionally rebuilt and de-rated
• 18" Image CHB Halibrand replica wheels
• Leather upholstery with inflatable lumbar support on driver’s seat
• Comprehensive instrumentation – Smiths gauges (speedometer, tachometer, fuel, oil pressure, oil temperature, water temperature and voltmeter), plus a vacuum gauge and a wideband air-fuel ratio (AFR) gauge
• Corsa B EPAS (power steering) column, with an Easysteer speed sensitive controller and new Corsa switchgear and ignition barrel/keys
• High level LED brake/fog light strip (switchable)
• Clifford immobiliser
• Full wet weather gear (hood, hinged side screens and tonneau cover)
Recent New/Replaced Items
• New battery (2019)
• New aluminium radiator (2019)
• Custom under-bonnet fan-assisted cold air circulation system (2019)
• Corsa EPAS column plus Easysteer controller and new switchgear (2018)
• New front and rear tyres (2018)
• New Dax aluminium fuel tank, sender unit and Spiyda Gauge Wizard (2018)
• New Dave Brookes stainless steel side pipes and headers (2016)
• Full respray (2016)
• New limited slip differential and CV joints (2015)
• Engine rebuild (new crankshaft oil seals, pistons and rods, camshaft, high capacity oil pan, clutch plates, ring gear and high torque starter motor (2014)
|Get notified about new similar ads
dax tojeiro 427 <br />
9 liter ci ford v8<br />
special, one - off , custom build 2011.<br />
its only done approximately 1,100 miles <br />
finished in pearl orange ,<br />
with old english whitedecor strips <br />
2nd Jan 2021
SOLD! Find over 400 classic cars on our website - details above<br />
Very cool DAX Rush Super Seven replica. Comes in a healthy and good condition with powerful and well running 2.0 Ford Engine and.....
14th Jan 2021
This is a beautiful example of an AC Cobra replica, based on the iconic 5.3 liter, Jaguar V12 engine and running gear - a stunning shell on a fearsome engine! If you want to have a car you are truly.....
10th Jan 2021