1961 Commer BlueBird Moto Plus For Sale
|This advert viewed 4950 times|
|A superb early Commer PA that is in excellent condition. Less than 29000 miles from new. Ranks amongst the very best available.|
This camper van still retains the period look with mostly original fittings and interior. The first owner had the van for 34 years and maintained a strict regime of maintenance as documented with the vehicle. It has been looked after in a similar way since then as can be seen from its current condition.
The best feature of this van must be that it has never been welded. The bodywork, chassis and underneath of the vehicle is in exceptional condition.
The van was re-sprayed a few years ago and is still highly presentable.
The Commer Bluebird internal layout includes:
• Two person full length bed. This is made from folding down the long bench seat in the rear of the van.
• Hammock bed system that locates on hooks across the front seats.
• Two single seats behind the front driver and passenger seats.
• Fold out dining table.
• Built in storage cupboards with 2 ring gas hob, grill and sink under folding work top.
• Built in water tank.
• Tall storage cupboard for clothing etc.
• Further storage under the bench seating, box cupboards behind the front seats and sliding compartments in the rear doors. Also has a net retainer at roof level.
• Pop top roof.
The van has all of the best upgrades and improvements that are recommended for Commers:
• 6 speed Lexus gearbox. This is a specialist upgrade and greatly improves the performance of the van. 6th gear is an overdrive ratio and enables more relaxed cruising.
• SU carburettor. A big improvement on the original and provides improved performance as well as better fuel economy.
• A larger air filter has been fitted in front of the radiator and ducted to the carburettor to provide cooler air to the intake.
• Facet electric fuel pump. A priming switch is fitted in the cab. Also fitted with inertia and oil pressure safety cut-out.
• Filter King fuel pressure regulator.
• Fabricated steel tubular inlet and exhaust manifold. The exhaust header pipes are thermally wrapped.
• Stainless exhaust and RC 40 silencer. Free flowing and sounds racy – for a Commer.
• Alloy fuel tank.
• Airtec alloy radiator.
• Electric fan with temperature sensor and manual over ride switch.
• Smiths temperature gauge installed.
• Alternator fitted to replace the original dynamo.
• Voltmeter fitted.
• Six way fuse box fitted.
• Reversing lamp fitted.
• Seat belts installed.
• New chrome mirrors.
• Fully serviced.
|Get notified about new similar ads