Tidy 4 berth, original German built LHD camper. Ready to take you on your next adventure.
Built on 18th March 1969 she was exported to New York then lived in California. She was spec'd from the factory to be a Westfalia Campmobile using the walk-through Kombi body shell as its base (it's is not a panel van which has been cut up to add windows and a pop top).
It was imported and registered in the UK in 2013 (all paperwork available).
As originally spec'd it comes with:
- Westfalia pop top and roof rack
- Louvred opening side windows
- Original Kombi opening rear side window
- Original opening cab door quarter light windows (vent wings)
- Intact and rust-free belly pans which are there to add strength due to the pop top (be wary of pop top vans with these removed)
Bodywork is straight and doesn’t need any welding. It is an honest van and all work required has previously been done. The underneath of the van is exceptional, completely rot free, body coloured and wax oiled.
The 1600 twin port engine purrs along nicely and will happily run all day.
The interior sports 7 seats with a central table which converts into a full width king size bed, and the pop top can be enclosed separating the children from fun below ;)
There is tons of storage, under and behind the seats.
- New rear dampers (both sides)
- New rear wheel bearings (both sides)
- New Clutch and accelerator cables
- New door seals complete vehicle set
- New steering coupling & ball joint seals
- Brand new battery (with 3 yr warranty)
- 4 x brand new 3-point retractable seatbelts
- Wooden Steering wheel
- Surfboard rear view mirror
- Pop top black out and insulation
- Window insulation set
- Bluetooth / USB / Radio / CD Player with door speakers
- MOT July 2021, recently passed with flying colours with no advisories
1971 Crossover right hand drive Bay window campervan with electric hookup. Restored in 2010 and been all over the UK, France and Germany. A daily driver with loads of extras to be included if required......
Type 2 bay window camper owned past 16 years full body restoration done 2008-2010 subaru engine 2.2 16 valve fitted 2010 by tsr engine conversions in suffolk van was featured in vw camper magazine.....