I have owned this beautiful Cooper S for 25yrs. Its never missed a beat.
- Bought from the late John Cooper. I still have the personal letter from him which goes with the car.
- Dry stored for 10 + years then taken out for an extensive cosmetic go over ready to earn its racing pedigree.
- Strawberry White roof and bonnet stripes painted. Over a gleaming Connaught Green body
- All original panels. Looks amazing. It was done as a tribute to John Rhodes 60s Cooper S.
- Used very occasionally over the last 3yrs for track and hillclimbs around the country. But can still be used on the road so not overtuned and uncomfortable.
- 90 bhp + special tuned stage 3/4 Janspeed head.(signed J.cooper certificate)
- Upgraded cam/roller rockers/oil catch tank/oil cooler/right hand tank/Stainless Steel RC40/LCB/Quick shift.
- Solid mounts all round/adjust-rear cambers/all ties upgraded to adjust rose jointed.
- Rear real minifins/gaz adjust shocks/Yokahamas/strengthened rear sub mounts and front shocks/all mounts and
bushes solid top black nylon .full plated safety cage/cooper clocks/mahoghany original cooper dash/cooper seats - - Black leather excellent condition/LUKE 4 point harnesses, e.t.c
- Virtually every nut and bolt replaced with s/steel.
- All of its service history. Lovingly cared for. Drives absolutely spot on. Sticks to the road like s---t.
- Set up professionally for the track and hill climbs. But very happy for a gentle Sunday blast.
May sell leather seats separately but will replace with quality racing seats as if i was keeping her. I may still do if a decent offer is not made but it is time for me to pass her on to someone new.
Absolutely no trade enquiries.
Ive spent thousands and hours and hours of time on her. (loved every minute)
It really is a beautiful and very rare car that I will miss im sure. But you can't keep them for ever.
I have lots more photos including the work that was done to body.
Any sensible questions Id be more than happy to answer!
The last of the Mini Cooper 1275 ?S?, the MK3 is one of the rarest versions. This dream machine is finished in iconic red, with black interior. The car has been recently refurbished with new sills.....