1962 Ferrari 250 GT/E 2+2 Series II Restored Correct $359.5k For Sale
Located in the USA...no salt on roads....
A Beautifully Restored Series II GTE
1962 Ferrari 250 GT/E 2+2 Series II
Coachwork By PininFarina
$359,500.00 USD dollars....
Historically Significant as Ferrari's First Production 2+2
A Beautifully Restored Series II GTE
Retains Original Matching Numbers Engine
From 30 Years of Ownership
With Dossier of Restoration Invoices, Photos &Documentation
Marcel Massini & Ferrari Market Letter History Reports
Ready for Immediate Concours Display or Vintage Touring
Offered with Publications, Tools, Jack & Emergency Equipment
- Throughout the 1950s the 250 Series of Ferrari's saw fantastic success, both on the racetrack and in the showroom. In the late 1950's it was determined that Ferrari would develop its first real 4-seater offering to help broaden the market of potential buyers. The Pininfarina designed 250 GTE 2+2 was first introduced at the 1960 Paris Auto Show. 250 Series Ferraris all utilized one of two chassis, either a short version (94.5 inches) or the long version (102.4 inches), upon which the GTE was built. It utilized the same Colombo 3.0 liter V-12 engine as much of the rest of the 250 lineup, although in this guise it made an estimated 237 hp. The 250 GTE sold well, with almost 1,000 cars constructed by Pininfarina from the time it was prototyped in 1959 until it was replaced by the similarly styled 330 America at the end of 1963. Today, the 250 GTE 2+2 remains an elegant, well driving, and important piece of Ferrari's automotive heritage.
- Was completed on July 27, 1962 as a left-hand drive, U.S. specification example in Blu Sera over Grigio leather with instruments in miles and Koni shock absorbers.
- In August 1962, the Ferrari was delivered new to Luigi Chinetti Motors of New York and sold locally, with record of it being owned by Ted Goldman of White Plains, NY. Documented by Ferrari historian Marcel Massini and Ferrari Market Letter, ownership history picks up in the early 1970's, still residing in New York, eventually moving to the Midwest, New England and ultimately Colorado.
- The GTE's long-term and most recent caretaker, Neil Jones of Englewood, Colorado acquired the Ferrari on October 11, 1988, with 48,033 recorded miles from Classic Auto Sales of Omaha, Nebraska. It's said the car was in nice driver quality condition when purchased, but it was determined that a full restoration should be carried out.
- The commissioned full nut-and-bolt restoration began in July 1990 by T's Sunrise of Englewood Colorado with body, frame, and paint being contracted out to 3R Automotive of Englewood, Colorado. According to the Marcel Massini History Report # had poor body repairs and Mr.
- Jones purchased another Series II body from Joe Marchetti's International Autos Limited of Chicago to replace the body during the restoration.
- The restoration, a 7-year endeavor was completed to exceptional standards, while invoiced and photo documented throughout the process.
- Since the completion of the restoration in June of 1997, the car has covered a mere 2500 miles. Even though the restoration is now over 20 years old, the condition remains outstanding with excellent fit and finish attesting to the high quality workmanship performed. The exterior's paint has a deep rich color and smooth, consistent finish. The body itself is straight and smooth with excellent gaps and fitment all around.
- All chrome and brightwork is brilliant, as is the glass - clean and clear around. It appears that most of the glass is original to the car, with correct Securit markings found on the side windows. Correct Marchal headlights are in excellent and working condition, as are all lights, weather and safety equipment.
- All 5 15x5 1/2 Borrani wire wheels are freshly shod (2020) with as-delivered 185VR15 Pirelli Cinturato CA67 tires.
- Complementing the exterior, the cabin's Tan Leather upholstery is every bit as kempt. All leather and carpeting retain excellent color, suppleness, fitment and weave throughout the cabin. The painted dash has great color and finish, pairing well to the revered 250 instruments.
- A correct and recently restored (2020) U.S. delivery Blaupunkt Frankfurt radio adorns the center console.
- A subtle modernized set of lap belts were installed during restoration, but these can easily be replaced if desired.
- Both front and rear compartments present as expected. The engine bay is nicely finished and quite largely correct overall, including the finishes and auxiliary equipment – very near top concours level with just a few minor corrections. While the trunk area is clean and tidy with well-fitting carpets that retain good color and weave.
- Underneath the carpets, all metal surfaces have a smooth and consistent black painted finish to them. DZUS style fasteners and black carpeting is trimmed below the matching spare Borrani wire wheel.
- The underside of the car is very consistent with the quality of restoration and the miles covered since completion. Excellent finishes, tidy consistent condition and structurally sound as delivered new. A correct style Ansa Exhaust system is fitted.
- A 2020 inspection and scheduled service assures continued driven enjoyment. The V-12 engine rumbles to life with ease and once up to temperature settles into a smooth and consistent idle.
- The engine makes good power and displays no flat spots or stumbles in acceleration. The transmission shifts smoothly and holds power, revving freely throughout the range of RPMs.
- The Ferrari 250 GTE 2+2 is an important vehicle in Ferrari's history with a low number of surviving examples.
- Designed with extended touring and frequent use in mind, they're quite comfortable and peppy, with elegant good looks and will always remain special to the marque.
- Give us a email fast as this car wont last long...
- Trades welcome. Financing available. Worldwide shipping accommodated.
We are happy to assist with shipping, nationally and internationally.
Can be exported at your cost or about $1,500 dollars to the UK port in 4 weeks...
- Serious collectors please...more pics coming and on request...
Thanks for looking
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts