1967 Mk1 Austin Mini Cooper S '1275' For Sale
|This advert viewed 5312 times|
|1967 Austin Mini Cooper ‘S’ 1275|
Restored by a marque specialist 4/5 years ago my Austin Cooper S then travelled 60 miles in the following 4 years.
My Mini came off the production line on the 11th May 1967 and was subsequently shipped on the 18th September 1967 to Smith Motor Group (Goodmayes Ltd) in Essex where it was registered.
When I bought the car and it had been sitting for a long time so didn’t run how I wanted. I had it ‘gone over’ by Jon Milicevic of John’s Motors on the A5 near Towcester. A true guru and successful racer of Minis, Formula Juniors, Caterhams etc. While it was with Jon, it had the following done (all invoiced for viewing if required. Sums 4 figures.)…
• New upper and lower gear linkage bush
• Offside and nearside CV boots replaced, w/ correct antiseize
• Oil Filter replaced
• Horn switch and bracket
• Carbs dismantled, rebuilt and tuned
• New fuel tank sender unit and new sealing ring
• Original pattern (Nippy cars) oil cooler and original pattern strengthening brace fitted (*I’ll explain why this wasn’t on the car, below*)
• Faulty brake servo replaced working Cooper S spec one, rear brakes freed off & whole system bled and adjusted - perfect.
• Tracking corrected
• Oil replaced w/ Castrol Classic XL 20W50
• 4 x Brand New spark plugs
• New head light dipper switch box
*All Cooper S had oil coolers as standard. You can’t buy a pre-modified front end to accommodate the oil cooler and strengthening brace if yours is rotten/ requires replacement. This car obviously had a replacement front end (perhaps a reshell) at some point.
Other good bits are…
• Comes with a Heritiage Certificate
• Invoices for the above work supplied
• V5 in my name. Historically registered i.e. Tax and MOT exempt
• Some of the parts fitted by Jon were supplied by me. All invoices for any parts or consumables I’ve purchased will be included. Likelihood is, I will provide any Mini Specific consumables/ spares/ manuals I have.
I want this car to go to a fellow enthusiast. So each party is entirely happy as and when this beauty sells, it’s time for the ‘need to know’ section.
• Jon pointed out to me – I still can’t see it! – that it appears to have a 90mph speedo with a 120mph sticker. This means it reads some 15 mph over true speed.
• Doesn’t have Hardy Spicer UJs fitted
• Driver’s seat worn, causing tear
• Converted to dry suspension from Hydrolastic – common mod.
• Engine is a 1970 Factory Replacement 1275 Cooper S unit – really strong and pulls great with 4 new spark plugs.
• History unknown, other than the info supplied on the heritage certificate, the previous owner to me and the work I’ve had done. This car’s condition is what sells it though to be fair.
• This is personal opinion as to whether it’s ‘bad’ or not… Speedo zeroed after restoration work. Never really concerned me as I bought on condition and mechanical soundness.
That’s it folks! Any questions or queries whatsoever and I’ll do my utmost to answer them. Signal in my house is non-existent, so perhaps e-mail me with questions and your number and I’ll stand on one leg in the loft to ring you if required! Car currently stored in an 'eat off the floor', climate controlled, purpose built storage facility and used by me when the weather's nice!
|Get notified about new similar ads
This is a very rare Mini Mk1 Super De Luxe. This Super De Luxe model was similar to the Cooper version with contrasting roof colour and extended instrument binnacle, but with the standard 850 ccm engine and "Magic Wand" gearbox. Not many Super De Luxe Mini's have survived, and this matching nrs example is restored to c
John brigden's cooper s competition car
swiftune engine with straight cut gears
trans-x limited lsd
heavy duty drive shafts
rose jointed lower arms
adjustable tie bars
aluminium foam fuel tank
corbeau rally seats
stripped out for lightness
many rally mods
this unique car has a great history and was
For sale Neville Trickett Mini Sprint Arden head
The bodyshell was just restored with new boot floor and various other new panels...
Both subframes are reinforced and are completely refurbished with all new components, full koni damper, minispares cones spring rubber road/rally, full front and rear geometry
427 hp, 350 ci Chevy tied to tubular steel chassis and roll cage. Porsche G5050 5 speed transaxle, inverted and converted to side shift. Fiero coil over performance struts and disc brakes in the rear; Metro 8.4" 4-pot calipers in the front. Custom 13" Minilites up front, 15" 5-bolt Minilites on the rear
Even more fun having originally been uprated and now recommissioned. Arguably, an iconic classic – that sounds and drives as good as it looks
Typically Minis ‘perky performance; the standard 1.3l would take you from 0 to 60 in a 1.3 takes just over 11 seconds on the way to a top speed of some 92mph, BUT our mi
Austin Mini saloon 1965 Mk 1
Another super condition classic Mini saloon, this time in Maroon with original mid brown interior, This Mini does not look 51 years old and other than a couple of modern improvements to benefit the drive and reliability is unmolested. We are really pleased with this acquisition as we hav
A genuine and original MK 2 Austin Mini Cooper S 1275cc with heritage certificate in very good condition.
I have owned this car since September 2010. Originally supplied in lhd for American export market but since professionally converted to rhd for use back in the uk. Between 1986 and 1993 it was subject to a comp
1971 registered with only 28,000 miles on the clock. Just had full service and engine detail, most parts brand new, original engine with matching numbers, this van is show standard and super-rare with only six 850 vans currently registered in the U.K.
Comes with the alloys as in pictures as well as the original ones w
Austin/Morris Mini Pickup 95 X reg 1981
This classic Mini was made in many different forms throughout the 40 years of production, and possibly one of the most notable was the Mini pickup, which put the fun in to functional. Here we have a fabulous example, finished in pageant blue which is the original colour. The c
Walls Ice Cream Van
I know,What have they brought now!.
When I told Mick about this Austin Mini Ice cream van that I had got wind about, he was on it, and for the next few weeks he was hell bent on getting this little truck.
It’s a 1967 Austin Mini 1000 Estate that has had the Ice cream conversion and all decked