2005 NOW SOLD Mini Cooper S race car/track day car SOLD
|This advert viewed 528 times|
|NOW SOLD, contact us if you have similar and need help selling.|
We offer this race-winning Cooper S R53 on behalf of the owner, who has moved overseas.
This car was built by Elliott Dunmore of EDM Racing around a one-owner, black-eye purple Cooper S to an extremely high standard. With a weld in roll cage (gusseted to the pillars and roof), glossy interior repaint, high specification safety components (Lifeline electronic extinguisher, electronic cutout system and top-specification Schroth harness/Cobra Evolution Pro seat) and finished with very tidy wiring and plumbing, this is one of the cleanest and high quality race car builds we’ve seen.
As car no. 53 it scored a double race win at Croft in the hands of Andy Knowlton on its debut in the Super Cooper Cup, with a margin in race one by an incredible 17 seconds!
Following a change in priorities for Andy, the car was sold to the current owner who further developed the car in conjunction with Sussex Road and Race in 2019. This included a full tidy of the car and upgraded the engine with Newman PH2 camshafts, larger Bosch 550 injectors, a Miltek exhaust and a 17% reduction pulley for the supercharger. The engine is now putting out around 230bhp which makes it very entertaining indeed.
Although the paint and panel work was excellent, and as an endurance sports car enthusiast, the new owner commissioned a full wrap in tribute to the Rothmans Porsche 956 Group C cars of the 1980s, which is completely stunning and really needs to be seen to be fully appreciated. His intention was to use the car for trackdays over the next few years but unfortunately a move overseas has put that plan on hold so the decision was made to put the car up for sale.
Now showing just over 46000 miles, this is neither a poorly-converted high mileage road car, nor a tired veteren of multiple championship campaigns. It is as good as they get - a shaken down race proven winner, without battle scars and wear, serviced and ready for its next owner. Full specification as follows:
- 1600 supercharged with 17% reduction pulley
- Newman PH2 cams
- Bosch 550 injectors
- Miltek exhaust
- Airtec intercooler
- Canton alloy header tank
- Lightweight flywheel
- Orranje cold air intake with K&N filter
- Uprated spark plugs
- 3J (TranX) limited slip differential
- Helix paddle clutch
- CoolerWORX short shifter mechanism
- VMAX 330mm floating front disc conversion with 4 pot calipers
- DS3000 front pads, EBC yellow rear
- Braided hoses
- Fully refreshed with Powerflex bushes
- BC Racing adjustable coilovers
- Forge front strut brace
- Adjustable front top mounts
Safety & Interior
- Full custom EDM weld in cage to FIA specification. Gussetted to roof and pillars
- Stunning interior repaint in metallic grey
- Cobra Evolution Pro seats (in date till end 2021) with custom embroidery
- Top specification Schroth harnesses (in date till end 2021)
- Odyssey PC680 race battery mounted in rear
- Carbon door cards
- Lifeline electronic fire system
- Push button electrical cut out system
- Hard wired kit and mount for AIM lap timer
- Black eye purple in excellent condition
- Full and fresh Porsche 956 tribute wrap
- Exterior trim freshly repainted in glass black
- Choice of freshly repainted Mini allows with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S road tyres or choice of race wheels and tyres to suit your championship.
This mini could easily be entered in a wide range of race series as is, the seats and belts remain in date for next season and is completely on the button and ready to go. Trackday Trophy, 750MC Club Enduro or Britcar Trophy are just a few series that come to mind which you could turn up and race with no further work to be completed. Even the wrap could be easily modified to comply with MUK regulations, with careful placement of championship decals and race numbers.
Equally if your intention is to use the car for trackdays, the car remains fully road legal with MOT and registration so does not require trailering to and from events. V5 and service history present.
We have full workshop facilities available including ramp for inspection, the car required nothing more than a fresh MOT on arrival and even wears brand new Michelin Pilot Sport tyres. We can supply tyres more appropriate for your championship by negotiation.
If required, we can also provide storage, on-event support, transport and hospitality on an arrive and drive basis for the new owner.
More pictures available at - details above the details below82
|Get notified about new similar ads
Chassis No100 ex Factory Car And Multi Championship Winning Car.
Carbon Tub, Carbon Wings & Floor.
Penske Dampers, Updated LD200 Gearbox With Wide 1st Gear & Strong Side Plate.
- See all stock