1997 Porsche 911 Turbo S Coupe Sunroof - Rare 1 0f 183 US For Sale
|This advert viewed 126 times|
Located in the USA...dry no salt on roads...
1997 Porsche 911 Turbo S Coupe Sunroof - US-specs....
Engine Size 3.6L Twin Turbo Flat Six
Transmission Type 6 Speed Manual
Body Style Coupe
1997 Porsche 993 Turbo S
• One of only 183 produced for the US Market
• 11,717 original miles
- During the second to last year of production of the 993 (1997), Porsche offered the 993 Turbo S, which was manufactured by the Porsche Exclusive department. The Turbo S is a high-specification Turbo including a power upgrade to 450 hp (DIN) [424 hp (SAE) for the American market] achieved by larger KKK K-24 turbochargers, an additional oil cooler, and a modified Motronic engine management system.
- The inclusion of extras including carbon fiber decoration in the interior makes it different from the earlier lightweight; spartan 964 Turbo S. The 993 Turbo S is recognized by yellow brake calipers, a slightly larger rear wing, a quad-pipe exhaust system, a front spoiler with brake cooling ducts (on European market cars), carbon fiber door sills with 'Turbo S' badging and air scoops behind the doors. This was the last of the air-cooled 911 Turbos. The curb weight of the car amounted to 1,500 kg (3,307 lb).
- Performance figures include a 0–97 km/h (60 mph) acceleration time of 3.6 seconds, 0–161 km/h (100 mph) acceleration time of 8.9 seconds, and a top speed of 296.6 km/h (184.3 mph).
Like all Turbo S's, at the heart is a flat six-cylinder engine fitted with a pair of K-24 turbochargers that output 430 horsepower in U.S. specification.
- Power is driven through a six-speed manual transaxle and an all-wheel-drive system that was developed for the earlier Type 964 Carrera 4. The Bosch Motronic engine-management system is upgraded to produce more power and an additional oil cooler was added to handle the increased heat load.
- Large 12.68-inch power-assisted ventilated and cross-drilled multi-piston disc brakes with yellow calipers deliver impressive stopping power from any speed.
Unlike some other special edition models, Porsche did not sacrifice creature comforts and usability for track performance with the Turbo S. Inside is a luxurious full black leather interior with generous amounts of carbon fiber trim on the lower portion of the dashboard, around the gauges, along the doorsills, on the center console, door panels, and door pulls.
- The window sticker notes the optional addition of black floor mats, carbon fiber and leather-wrapped steering wheel, racing-style hardback seats, and a digital sound package. Rounding out the optional extras is an infra-red security system.
- According to the Carfax report, this Porsche has had five owners, originally delivered by Burt Smith Porsche in Saint Petersburg, Florida then shipped to Fort Lauderdale with 11 miles on March 28, 1997. Accrued by the second owner May 30, 2001, with 3,000 miles in Illinois. Sold to the third owner on March 23, 2007, with 7,449, and shipped to Southern California and only driven 563 miles until July of 2012 when it was sold to the fourth owner in the Denver, Colorado area. Finally, it was sold to the current owner in Los Angeles in August of 2017 with 8,213 miles and has been enjoyed for the last 3,500 miles.
Options include Catalytic Converter (C02), Carbon steering wheel, leather-covered airbag module (X77), Red hardback racing-style sports seat, left, height electrically adjustable (373), Red hardback racing-style sports seat, right, height electrically adjustable (374), Automatic speed control (454), Interior monitoring (520), Sun-moon-roof (650), Nokia DSP (Digital Sound Processing) audio system (680), and 6-disc CD changer Becker Porsche CDC-3 (692). The original Porsche head unit and 6-disc player have been removed. Complete with tools, jack, air pump, books, records, and Certificate of Authenticity.
- The Turbo S delivered a stunning performance in a package as luxurious and exclusive as Porsche's discerning customers had come to expect.
- It really was the ultimate supercar that could comfortably be driven as a daily commuter.
- Collectors today value the Turbo S for its rarity, performance, timeless styling, and being of course the last iteration of the air-cooled Turbo.
- More details on request please...
- All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Thanks for looking....j
|Get notified about new similar ads
This amazing example is finished in Aspen White and has Black Leather seats with Red piping. Full Automatic gearbox with paddle shift. Only 37818 miles from new with a full Lotus History Services.....
This trailer is specially designed for very low sports-cars
Price: on request
- Aluminum chassis
- Electric winch
- Spotlights inside
- Special ‘roof’-openings for Lamborghini’s with.....
17th Nov 2020
Wanted Mazda mx5 for enthusiast , all models, 1989 to 2015,low mileage service history cars preferred but any thing considered please ring Stephen on the details below,Hertfordshire,for prompt attention.....
12th Nov 2020
1928 Peerless 4DR Sedan
..Professional Ground up Restoration
..Won 1st at National AACA in Hershey, PA 1986
..Chocolate Brown Paint
..Black Fenders & Top
..Rarest of the 3 P's /
A very special and rare Ashley Sportiva from 1965, only 72 are made this year. It has the Ford V6 engine and manual 4-speed, it is the Original and once rebuilt engine.
Has got Belgian numberplates.....
The Benz Patent-Motorwagen (or motorcar), built in 1886, is widely regarded as the world's first automobile. The original cost of the vehicle in 1885 was $1,000 (equivalent to $26,337 in 2016). This.....
Bmw 323i in good condition 100 % original with sunroof , revised mechanically .
My name is Franco and our Company name is Italian Classic Cars Tel: 00 39 the details below.
Offered is a 1970 Autobianchi Bianchina Panorama Giardiniera Giardinetta Familiare (Station Wagon)
BLACK WITH BIEGE LEATHER ,DRIVES VERY WELL,153000 MILES WITH HISTORY AND BILLS,VERY SOUGHT AFTER 3 DOOR GOLF,
A beautiful and rare Lasalle 340 coupe from 1930 with nice features such as the Dickey seat and the optional heater system, this coupe model is hard to find nowadays and is a exclusive classic car......
26th Oct 2020