1979 VW T2 Late Bay Campervan 2.0L Mot+Tax Exempt For Sale
|This advert viewed 686 times|
||£14,000 As stated
Seller's phone number is protected behind a forwarding service>
|I have had this great reliable camper for 7 years but sadly it's time to move on. It's not perfect, but is definitely very usable as-is, and indeed we have had many happy family trips away in it over the years. With a little love and not much work though it could be brought up to a fantastic standard and customised to your personal preference. A great project to do now before the good weather returns!|
* Mechanically and structurally very sound. It's been driven 4500 miles in the last 8 years without any hiccups whatsoever. Engine literally starts first time every time.
* Powerful 2 Litre twin-carb engine makes easy work of hills (unlike some lesser 1.6L models)
* Full-width rear seats (brand new 5 years ago) converts to full size bed to comfortably sleep 2 adults.
* Pop-up Westfalia roof sleeps an additional 2. The roof is in perfect condition and has roof rack section at front for additional storage.
* New designer fabric curtains wrap fully aroud all windows. Lined and with magnetic clips.
* "Face off" CD/Radio with new loudspeakers.
* Brand new engine bay seal.
* Now has historic vehicle status so is MoT and Road Tax exempt.
* Heating is not working. I have 2 brand new heat exchangers for it - they just need fitting.
* No front headlining (above driver and front passenger seat). Again I have a new one that just needs fitting.
* Some of the interior panels (door cards) would benefit from new upholstery. Also easily done.
* Some other very minor things whilst still functioning could benefit from replacment, such as: glove box knob, drivers window winder, clip to hold radio aerial, etc.
* OK so the paintwork isn't perfect - The worst bit is the rust coming through at the bottom of the front passenger door - a common thing on these vehicles - look closely at the photos.
I've tried to be as transparent as possible. Please feel free to ask me any further questions you might have.
|Get notified about new similar ads
Here for sale is a 1961 volunteer fire personnel 11 window kombi from Bavaria.
Running on the original fully reconditioned 1200 engine.
Has has all new brakes, gearbox is perfect as is the steering box and wiper motor.
46800 km on the clock.
Had been dry stored for seven years before I bought it.
4th Dec 2020
Stock number ( CZP4176 ) Not in UK Stock , Available from April 2019
This vehicle is LHD , you can have this vehicle converted to RHD professionally for £2000 and we can arrange that before purchase
This vehicle is Barn / Farm find , It is good condition for a 1974 Spilt screen imported Classic car without the s
Stock number ( CVH9059 ) Not in UK Stock , Available from April 2019
This vehicle is RHD , has been restored and comes with 25 window bus including samba style windows , Safari windows , Rag top roof fitted , Rare right hand drive , 9 Seater
This vehicle is a Barn / Farm find , It is good condition for a 1975 Spi
Stock number ( CJO4320 ) Not in UK Stock , Available from April 2019
This vehicle is LHD , you can have this vehicle converted to RHD professionally for £2000 and we can arrange that before purchase , This is a one owner vehicle which we bought from a farm that makes rice sacks , You can add extras to this car if r
Stock number ( BNZ0573 ) Not in UK Stock , Available from April 2019
This vehicle is LHD . This is a good solid pick up and is available at this price as the vehicle looks now , We are intending to give this vehicle a full inside and outside respray which is all it needs to make it look complete we will then be aski
Hi top conversion fitted with sink,cooker,cupboards and large locker wired for cool box storage.
Twin beds suitable for children up top,and fold out double adult at low level. Four seatbelts.
Tow bar with new double cycle rack fitted.
Body work in excellent rust free condition.
Gearbox replaced 3000m ago.
2nd Dec 2020
A very good condition, Camper van with about $5500 in fairly recent engine rebuild and other mechanical restoration and service, as well as partial repaint to otherwise original paint Camper bus. Very solid clean straight body. Very nice original interior.
More Photos available soon!
Price (GBP)£:13,925 ($ 17,
Type 2 bay window camper owned past 16 years full body restoration done 2008-2010 subaru engine 2.2 16 valve fitted 2010 by tsr engine conversions in suffolk van was featured in vw camper magazine march 2012 4 page spread heading scooby bay van has just had new ecu oil cooler changed oil&filter and a few other things
This van is currently having work done to a very high standard and will be back for sale in February 2021.
VW T3 (T25) Devon Moonraker
For sale is a fantastic example of this great classic campervan.
This is a genuine Devon Moonraker conversion in great co