£1,495 Or near offer
|Price||£1,495Or near offer|
|Ad Type||For Sale|
Reluctant sale of my lovely VW Passat B5. 5 1. 9tdi Sport - 6 speed manual.
I have owned this since Q4 2016 - and before that was owned for a few years by a very close friend - so I know this car pretty well.
As soon as I bought it, I had Simon from CCC Tech do a few things:
- EGR delete
- Cruise control retrofit (parts ordered from Germany)
Please google Simon CCC Tech and you will see he is well known in the VW enthusiasts forum. I don't have exact figures but after remap bhp is around 170 and torque much higher than std. Trust me it goes and puts a lot of cars to shame on a daily basis. People are surprised when they get smoked.
Car is in good condition and the interior condition backs up the mileage. Have a look at the MOT history also.
Some other work I've done in my ownership:
- Regular servicing (every year) - I buy oils / filters and other parts myself and take it to my mechanic who changes / fixes stuff for me. This car is by far the most reliable work horse I have ever had
- Turbo replaced around 3k miles ago
- Various other bits for which I have receipts
- Front new tyres less than 5k miles
- Tyres alignment etc
Spec on the car:
- Good sound system (Pioneer head unit) with Aux cable, USB and DAB radio (but DAB antenna or something needed). I don't mind because I just connect my iphone through AUX and use car speakers for voice calls and Spotify for music)
- Sunroof that works and no leaks
- Sport alloy wheels (they need a refurb as some corrosion)
- Sport seats v comfy
- 6 speed manual
- Traction control (when its very cold - the light would come on) - fine now. Just being open and honest
- Tow bar at the rear - but never used in my or previous owner
Issues with the car:
- Airbag light on
- Rear tyres could do with changing in the next 5-10k miles
- Various marks on the exterior but this is my work horse and all are easily fixed - I don't have time or inclination - doesn't bother me.
Obviously not a new car but trust me if you want a mecahnically sound Passat and you live outside London - this is the car to get. I am surprised how solid it is and how involving the drive is. Diesel torque is amazing and road handling brilliant. I recently put a C220 Merc (2015 ish) to shame off the lights. He wanted to go straight on from the extreme right lane (which was to go to right) - you should have seen his face!
Anyway I'll add pictures soon. I've priced it because of the mileage and what it owes me. You will not lose money and the car wants for nothing. No rush to sell - I've got till October 2021 to get rid of it before ULEZ in London kicks in.
IF I had time, I would get the paint work fixed, give it a proper clean inside (get the interior shiny), fresh service and a trader would retail it for £3. 5k with this mileage.
Happy to listen to offers but don't be silly and waste your or my time.
Car & Classic Auctions Let us help you sell your car
Stock number ( 027679 ) This is the Volkswagen Passat W8 4.0 4 Motion with full leather , top grade and a low mileage. The advertised prices includes all shipping & Import duties , UK Registration , UK number plates , UK MOT , Oil and filter service , Clear Waxoyl under sealant for protection against UK winters if ...
- 4th Jun 2021
Stock number ( 216823 ) This is the Volkswagen Passat W8 4.0 4 Motion with Full leather and and a very low mileage of 26941 miles . The advertised prices includes all shipping & Import duties , UK Registration , UK number plates , UK MOT , Oil and filter service , Clear Waxoyl under sealant for protection against ...
- 19th Jul 2021
This Exceptional condition rare 2004 VW Passat 2.8 4motion Executive is presented in Shadow Blue metallic with Sand Beige Sports Grain hide . Powered by the 2.8 V6 Quad Cam 30V engine (193bhp) , Four-wheel drive , 5 Speed Tiptronic gearbox and Electronic Stability Control (ESC). VW Executive spec includes 17inch ...
- 22nd Jun 2021
We bought this lovely car from VW Exeter with 16,000 miles. A very rare car, it's fast and great fun to drive with awesome brakes and roadholding. Engine sounds superb. Also very practical with lots of space. Bought from VW Exeter in 2009. Mileage now 105,400. Rust free with full service history. Just serviced by ...
- 20th Jun 2021
Uk 6 speed Manual saloon in LC7V Blue anthracite, black leather, 87k miles, the car is very smooth and strong. 4 new tyres and a new alternator in the last 1500 miles, no warning lights on and no issues. Believed to have been an armed response Police vehicle from new, Speedo still has calibration sticker and there is ...
- 24th Jun 2021
2 former Keepers,............................. Service History,............................... Mot Till October 2021,...................... 2 Keys,......................... HPI Clear,........................... New Shape 2.0 TDi 140 BHP With NAV,....................... Dual Zone Climate Control, Air Conditioning, Colour ...
- 3rd Jul 2021