1961 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud II = clean Sage(~)Grey $63.5k For Sale
Located in the USA...
1961 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud II
Price: $63,500..usd dollars.
Color: Sage over Smoke Green with Grey Leather
Rolls Royce famously did not publish a horsepower rating for their cars. Instead they simply described the power as “adequate”. The original Rolls Royce Silver Clouds were powered by a steel block 4.9 liter straight six cylinder engine.
- The “adequate” six delivered excellent torque and was extremely reliable. By the mid 1950’s American manufactures were in a horsepower race and the Silver Cloud’s performance fell noticeably behind the norm.
- The new “adequate” solution was an aluminum block 6.23 liter V8. The Silver Cloud was renamed to Silver Cloud II highlight the new engine. The original Silver Cloud was already a stellar car so the engine was about the only change of substance the SCII received.
Of course “adequate” just begs the question, how much is “adequate”?
- Through the years horsepower figures have trickled out indicating the six cylinder produced 155 hp while the V8 produced 230 hp. Both numbers are anemic by today standards but both engines were quite adequate in their period.
- Our Cloud II was sold new to Mr. Benjamin Goodale of Manchester, Massachusetts on November 29th, 1960.
- The build sheets note that it is a left hand drive example and ordered with air conditioning, radio, electric windows, split seats, rear window defogger, and Sundyn glass.
Recently, our car has received a thorough 2 year renovation.
- The fenders and doors were removed and the body stripped to bare metal.
- The body was found to be quite sound with no rust of note.
- The new paint is excellent and the exterior work was highlighted with new bumpers and new Lucas side view mirrors.
The interior has new leather upholstery, new headliner, new carpets, and new trunk liner.
- Mechanically the car has its original engine which has excellent compression.
- The engine has been serviced and fitted with new belts. Additionally the car has a new muffler, new AM/FM radio with new speakers and an auto antenna.
- Even the locks work!
The car features a Royal crest on the front tag plate. We’re told the crest was a gift for the loan of the car to Queen Elizabeth during her 1976 visit to New York.
We have one of the finest assemblages of vintage Rolls Royces and Bentley products in the States.
- Please contact us for more information on this car and our other fine examples.
Price: $63,500..usd dollars.
Inspections welcome...please email us for more pics.
Please mention the vehicle you are inquiring about so we can respond promptly.
= Inspections are encouraged before any purchase, of any vehicle, anywhere.
Can be exported at your coast or about $1,500 dollars to the UK port in 4 weeks...
- Serious collectors please...more pics coming and on request...
Thanks for looking
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts