1965 R-R Silver Cloud III Mulliner Park Ward = Lucille Ball $725 For Sale
Located in the USA...
1965 Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III Mulliner Park Ward
Price: $725,000..usd dollars...obo.
Interior: White Leather
1965 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud III Drop Head Coupe Mulliner Park Ward Formerly Owned By the Actress Lucille Ball
- This excellant low-mileage example was originally purchased by Debbie Reynolds and then Sold to Lucille Balland her Husband Gary Morton and remained in their collection until his death.
-After the introduction of the Silver Shadow in 1965, there was still a demand for coach built bodies. Remaining stocks of Silver Cloud III chassis were fitted with such bodies.
-The H. J. Mulliner, Park Ward Design Number 2045 is the last of the coach built Silver Cloud era convertibles.
- A fine example of a hard to find left-hand-drive convertible. Actual miles with complete cosmetic restoration which was finished in January 1997.
- The car comes fully optioned and is 1 of 49 H. J. Mulliner-Park Ward convertibles built, Everything on this car is amaculant with only 40,000 original miles and to have been owned by two of hollywoods biggest stars!
. By 1965 Rolls-Royce could still build the Cloud chassis and engine, but could no longer obtain the standard steel bodies, as the Silver Shadow was taking over the production lines.
- When early Shadow production was delayed, Rolls-Royce created a new series of coachbuilt cars on Cloud chassis.
By 1966, Rolls-Royce had merged its two coachbuilding acquisitions, Park Ward and HJ Mulliner, into one. The successful mid-1950s Mulliner Park Ward fixed head coupe was re-designed into a drophead coupe, and became an instant hit. Production continued with this new car until March 1966, well after the Cloud series officially ceased production in 1965.
- The Silver Cloud models signaled the end of the coachbuilt period, as Rolls-Royce found it could sell 10 times as many cars with “standard steel bodies.” Custom Rolls-Royces were occasionally built after 1970, but by then the company had predominantly taken the path it is following today.
- These coachbuilt Silver Clouds are extremely desirable today as a result.
Inspections welcome...please email us for more pics.
Please mention the vehicle you are inquiring about so we can respond promptly.
= Inspections are encouraged before any purchase, of any vehicle, anywhere.
Can be exported at your coast or about $1,500 dollars to the UK port in 4 weeks...
- Serious collectors please...more pics coming and on request...
Thanks for looking
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts