1972 Maserati Ghibli 4.9SS Solid Black 61k miles Manual $342.5 For Sale
Located in the USA...
Recent Mechanical Restoration, From Limited & Longterm Ownership
Engine Size 4.9L
Transmission Type 5-Speed Manual
Body Style Coupe
- A Rare & Desirable 335hp 4.9 Litre SS
Just 2-Owners from New with Single Previous Ownership for 36 years
Numbers-Matching as Per Maserati S.p.A. Certificate of Origin
Complete Maserati Classiche Documentation
Document File Spanning 1980-2016 - Offered with Service, Spare Parts & Workshop Manuals
Rebuilt Engine & Brake System
Formerly the Property of Baseball Pitcher and Playboy Bo Belinsky
A Masterpiece of style, balance, design and aerodynamic efficiency
- In 1969 Maserati launched the Ghibli SS, a sportier version of its flagship coupé with the dry-sump 90° V8 now enlarged to 4.9 liters.
- Prodigious braking performance came from the two twin-servo assisted ventilated discs with three pistons per caliper. This transformed the Ghibli SS into the fastest and strongest preforming Maserati road car in production.
- It is a late example of Maserati's famed Ghibli 4.9 Liter SS Coupé, completed in June of 1972 by Officine A. Maserati S.p.A., wearing Argento Auteuil (silver) paint over Black Connoly leather with comforts worthy of such a thoroughbred GT: adjustable steering column, anti-theft steering lock, tinted & electric windows, reclining seats with head rests, heated rear windscreen, dashboard clock, Blaupunkt Frankfurt radio with supplemental Voxson 8-track and air conditioning.
- Long excursions are intended to be comfortable thanks to power steering and plenty of power on reserve from the 4.9 liter V8 motor.
-Maserati S.p.A. of Modena confirms with original Certificate of Origin that all chassis, engine and body numbers are matching as it left the factory. Additional Classiche documents include: Final Tests data Sheet, Technical & Aesthetic Characteristics, End of Line Data Sheet and Delivery Note.
The SS was delivered new to the States, originally owned by famed playboy pitcher Bo Belinsky and his wife. In late 1980, Jane Weyerhaeuser Belinsky consigned the Ghibli for sale at Alfa of Tacoma in Washington, where it sold on December 31, 1980 to a Mr. Snyder for $19,500 cash with 14,016 miles on the odometer.
- The original purchase paperwork from this transaction is included in the car's dossier of records spanning 1980-2016. Mr. Synder would go on to own the vehicle for 36 years.
- In November 1989, 2316 received an exterior repaint and freshening of the cabin's black leather upholstery, while in recent years (2012-2015) the Maserati was taken back to Alfa of Tacoma for a complete mechanical overhaul, including an out engine rebuild and complete brake service.
- Most recently, an annual tune-up was performed, along with new stabilizer bushings, stainless exhaust system and period correct Pirelli Cinturato tires on its newly refinished bi-metal Borrani wheels.
- Over $60,000 was spent during the 4-year mechanical restoration, with all invoices and documentation from Snyder's ownership accompanying the car.
- Designed to compete with the Ferrari Daytona and Lamborghini Muira, the Ghibli is among the elite in the vintage supercar market and tremendously underpriced in comparison.
- This particular SS is sure to satisfy the true driver-collector connoisseur and complete with original service, spare parts and workshop manuals, documentation and period magazine excerpts.
- Representing incredible value, we strongly recommend serious attention from collectors and enthusiast alike on this ready to use Ghibli 4.9SS.
Inspections welcome...please email us for more pics.
Please mention the vehicle you are inquiring about so we can respond promptly.
= Inspections are encouraged before any purchase, of any vehicle, anywhere.
Can be exported at your cost or about $1,500 dollars to the UK port in 4 weeks...
- Serious collectors please...more pics coming and on request...
Thanks for looking
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts