Click here to list ALL Makes
1965 Alfa Romeo GIULIA "Scallino" SPRINT GT RHD For SaleThis is an original built for SA market Giulia Sprint GT (what was referred to as the Step-Nose or Scallino) RHD example.
Part of her history is having a University Professor as a custodian for 30-years of her life. Due to the foresight of this man, everything to under-body or inner-panel was Tectyl treated (coated) from the beginning - even behind the bumpers and hubcaps would you believe! This car has been well preserved against the ravages of rust.
The present owner bought this beautiful car from his brother, and spent the past six-years getting her to her current standard – which is absolutely stunning - irrespective of being so obviously well restored cosmetically, this car also had a comprehensive and critical restore or replace new in respect of the mechanical and running gear, such as;
• Professional panel-shop, glass out, rub-down and paint respray – very minor rust issues properly dealt with.
• Completely rebuilt and overhauled engine – has just clocked 1,000 KLMS on the odometer, carburettors and fuel system, gearbox, clutch, starter motor, alternator, Dunlop brakes, hydraulic piping, all hoses, front suspension, exhaust, etc.
• New interior seat upholstery – soft Napa leather. New carpeting. New boot lining, replaced new all glass weather-seals, rubbers and grommets, etc.
• Original roof headlining and all glass still fitted.
• Replaced all front indicator, side repeater, rear light lenses / seals.
• Many parts imported from UK suppliers - supporting documents for all repairs and parts expenditure.
There has been a technical upgrade to the car at some stage in her life because there is now a 1750 engine fitted. This seems to have become a common-place occurrence – it gave the sportier Italians the chance to dodge the engine size tax law, and although it may be nice to have the correct 1600 engine it appears to be of little consequence. If you approach the Alfa Romeo Archives about any classic car from the marque, they will only confirm the Chassis (VIN) Number, and the Body/Interior colours when the car was built, it seems there was never any sequential control of engine numbers whatsoever. So be happy – this car has more performance because of the upgrade.
The price is inclusive of the entire costs to land by means of single-car container at London Gateway AND deductible allowance for contingencies such as UK Clearing / Unladen / Collection charges, HM Import Duty/VAT, All Risk In-Transit insurance, MoT Certificate, DVLA registration and within reason (i.e. UK South East counties) delivery to your door.