1985 Audi Ur Quattro = 2.2 Liter 20v Turbo Five = Rare $obo For Sale
Located in the USA...rare US-specs....
Price:$Best offer please...usd dollars....
2.2 Liter 20v Turbo Five
Body Style: 2 Door
Exterior: Zermatt Silver
- The 1980’s were the halcyon days of Group B rallying throughout Europe. Lancia, Renault and Ford all built rally cars that exploited the new, almost unlimited “Group B” rules. The manufactures pushed technological and mechanical to the limits of the day and produced some of the most powerful and sophisticated cars ever seen.
- At the top of the heap came Audi, with the limited production UR Quattro, they came to completely dominated the rally world.
- The UR Quattro was the all wheel drive, turbocharged rally car that turned the rally world on its head!! With 500 horsepower and employing legendary drivers with names like Michelle Mouton, Walter Rohrl and Ari Vatanen, Audi took on the world!! Utter dominance of the class was to follow, it was so complete, the cars so powerful (and dangerous), that it led to the end Group B class! Fortunately for us mere mortals, Audi was required to produce a limited number of street versions of these exotic cars to Homologate them for race use.
- Only a limited number of these were imported into the U.S. and in their day, cost more than a Porsche 911. The car on offer here is a 1985 Audi Ur Quattro.
- The car has undergone extensive modifications and reengineering to the engine, suspension, brakes and interior. It offers a level of performance, refinement and handling unimaginable in its day. Built to a very high standard, the car maintains all comforts and reliability needed for daily street use while offering stunning performance.
- The car has the following modifications to the systems listed below; Engine: Block; 1994 AAN 2.2 litre 20 valve inline 5 (out of an UrS4) K24 turbocharger Honed New rings, New bearings, New valve guides, New Cam chain, belts, water pump and tensioners ARP head studs, RS2 exhaust manifold, 7A cams and oil pan, 3B water manifold and intake (which has more flow than a RS2 manifold), HKS foam filter Setrab oil cooler New cam sensor New rpm and New timing probes, Firewall mounted coil kit, New alternator New OEM starter, 034 Motorsport phenolic intake spacer (to clear the valve cover) 034 Motorsport medium density engine, transmission, and rear diff mounts Audi 200 flywheel 034 Motorsports Spec clutch 034 Motorsports short shift kit. AAN fuel rail, with an integrated fuel pressure regulator, new fuel pump 034 Motorsport full stage 1+ Custom tuned ECU with upgraded software injectors, and a wastegate spring raising boost pressure to a peak of 20 PSi 3’ Mandrel bent custom exhaust Electrical System:
- New OEM wiring harness. Stock factory AAN harness integrated into the OE electrical platform, with relays added and all connections heat shrink for safety and reliablity OE copper connectors where applicable. The electrical layout mimics a factory UrS4 layout (with relays, breakers, etc.
- behind the glove box) Cooling System: Ron Davis radiator with an auxiliary radiator delete, Apikol intercooler Suspension: Bilstein shocks, H&R springs 034 motorsport sway bar bushings and delrin control arm bushings 034 aluminum subframe mounts, Brakes: OEM Audi 4000 vacuum booster Audi V8 master cylinder Porsche Boxster front calipers UrS4 rear calipers (with upgraded pads in both).
- The car has most of its original paint with some paintwork on the hood and both front fenders. Its original color, Zermatt Silver Metallic, is in good condition with good depth and color. The engine bay retains a factory look, and the stance of the car on the stock wheels hints at performance the upgrades with a slightly lower ride height.
- The interior retains its stock gauges throughout with the addition of an Audi Coolant temperature gauge and VDO gauges for boost pressure, oil pressure, and voltage integrated into the dash; they look factory correct.
- The seats are “Trophy Recaro” out of a 1988 VW Jetta.
- They are a good match and look correct. A modern Alpine Stereo head unit is installed with auxiliary input. The quality of this car cannot be overstated, it has been reengineered with input from experts in the vintage Audi world. It has been driven approx.
- 3000 miles on the build and is fully sorted; the car is a joy to drive. With roughly double the horsepower and torque, all wheel drive and box flares, this car offers wonderful performance and style.
- Please mention the vehicle you are inquiring about so we can respond promptly.
= Inspections are encouraged before any purchase, of any vehicle, anywhere.
Inspections are welcome...please emails us for more pics and details...
These cars are undervalued and on the rise in value.
Can be exported at your cost or about $1,400 dollars to the UK port in 4 weeks...
- Serious collectors please...more pics coming and on request...
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts