1967 Maserati Mistral = Rare Correct 4.0 FI + 5 Speed $156.5k For Sale
Located in the USA...
1967 Maserati Mistral
Engine Size 4.0
Transmission Type 4 Speed Manual
Factory Equipped with the Largest & Most Desirable 4.0 Liter Engine!
1967 Maserati Mistral 4000 Coupé
- A dry From Long-Term Ownership - Recent “Garage Find”
Numbers-Matching Engine as Per Maserati S.p.A. Certificate of Origin
Includes Complete Maserati Classiche Documentation
Stunning Frua Coachwork – Originally Delivered in Verde Bosco (Forrest Green)
1 of Only 828 Coupés Produced from 1963-1970 and one of Fewer Built with a 4.0L engine.
- A Recent Service and Detailing Performed
Factory Equipped with the Largest & Most Desirable 4.0 Liter Engine
The Mistral was introduced by Maserati as the replacement for the successful 3500 GT. To many, it is considered one of Frua's most attractive designs and represents the end of the line for Maserati's famous race-bred straight-six engine.
- Was ordered on December 10, 1966, completed in January and delivered new through Max-Gil S.r.l. on February 2, 1967 to Mr. Sergio Tassi of Bologna, Italy.
- This particular Mistral came desirably optioned with the 4.0L fuel injected powerplant mated to a ZF 5-speed transmission, wearing Verde Bosco (Forrest Green) over Senape (Tan) Connolly leather, rear seats, rear defroster and chrome Borrani wire wheels.
- The Maserati later made its way to the Midwest (dressed in red paint) and was acquired in 1994 by its most recent caretaker.
- During the mid-2000's it was permanently garage stored, until late 2016 when it was uncovered, and is now offered with recent major service performed.
- Maserati's Mistral is the last model from the Casa del Tridente to feature the company's renown twin-spark, double overhead cam straight six engine, and this particular example is fitted with final and numbers-matching 4.0L version mated to a manual transmission.
- The car would receive a complete rebuild of the braking system, including all calipers, boosters and master cylinder restored to factory new condition by Karps in California with new hoses and pads.
- Additionally, the clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder, spark plugs and wires, cap rotor, routing tube, coils, points, Michelin XWX tires and tubes are new – with all fresh fluids and filters.
- The water pump was restored by the experts at Flying Dutchmann.
- Performs exceptionally well with great compression across the board and an abundant amount of power.
- Maserati S.p.A. of Modena confirms with original Certificate of Origin that all chassis, engine and body numbers are matching as it left the factory.
- Additional Classiche documents include: Purchase Order, Historical Information, Final Tests data Sheet, Technical & Aesthetic Characteristics, End of Line Data Sheet and Delivery Note.
- The Mistral still retains a mid-1970's Automobile Club of Italy window decal, jack in bag, hammer and matching Boranni spare.
- Its current mileage of 80,800kms is believed to be original. In excellent mechanical order, with a host coveted factory options, this Mistral 4000 Coupé is surely a great candidate for a drive-now, restore-later, Italian gran tourer.
As stated the original color of the car was “Verde Bosco” (An elegant dark Green) with “Senape” (Tan) Connolly leather.
- It is believed that only very few Maserati Mistral's were painted this color. Today there is still evidence of the original paint found on the car (pictured).
Compression Test performed: Results 175, 180, 170, 175, 175, 170 PSI.
- Good Compression overall on cold engine.
The entire brake system was rebuild by Karp - brakes , both brake boosters, brake master cylinder, all 4 calipers, brake hoses and pads are new.
-Clutch slave and master cylinders are new including hoses.
-Spark plug wires, cap, rotor, both coils and points are new.
-Water pump was rebuild by Flying Dutchman, coolant hoses were replaced.
-Magnetic system for the radiator fan clutch doesn't work so the pulley not operable so made to run all the time.
- 4 New Michelin XWX Tires
The car runs very nice and strong once warm and shifts nicely through all of the gears. At cold idle it stumbles due to the Lucas fuel injection fuel metering system which should be rebuilt.
Cosmetically the car is overall in very nice “driver” condition with the interior looking nicely restored more recently.
- The paint looks to have been done several years ago and exhibits small flaws (chips, dents, light scratches) with the most notable being a crack on the front left fender. There is also body filler evident on that fender.
- The underside has thick undercoating which is believed to be factory; the original floors are present with some corrosion repair/patches found along the edges behind the rocker panels.
- The frame appears to be solid and straight.
- Overall a great a great opportunity to buy one of Frua's most beautiful designs at a very competitive price.
Inspections welcome...please email us for more pics.
Please mention the vehicle you are inquiring about so we can respond promptly.
= Inspections are encouraged before any purchase, of any vehicle, anywhere.
Can be exported at your cost or about $1,500 dollars to the UK port in 4 weeks...
- Serious collectors please...more pics coming and on request...
Maserati Mistral coupe 4000 LHD in a stunning throughout condition! This is the beloved and top of the range 4000cc version with only 827 made in total. The 4.0 version was equipped with “Lucas fuel injection” , five speed transmission and four discbrakes. Our Mistral 4.0 Coupe is a desirable European .....
Very original Maserati Mistral 3700 in a beautiful and excellent condition. It is a European version and comes from Sweden. The body is very original, solid and has perfect fits. Completely restored and technically revised a few years ago. The interior is completely original and the first leather and .....
Located in the USA...
Maserati = US-specs.
4.0 Liter Inline Six
Body Style: 2 Door
4.0 Liter Inline Six
- No trades please... Thanks for looking!
- Don't miss it!
- Email .....
Located in the USA...
1966 Maserati Mistral
Rare 4 Liter Model with Fuel Injection and A/C
Engine:4 liter FI 6 cylinder
1966 Maserati Mistral Vehicle Description
-Chassis # AM109A11476
-A Numbers Matching & Complete Example
-Maserati Classiche Documentation Present
-Rare Combination of All Alloy Body & 4.0L Engine
Maserati has always been known for producing striking GT cars with fantastic power plants. When the Mistral was introduced in 1963, it was yet .....
Delivered new to Italy in Celeste Chiaro with white Leather upholstery, this car is just 1 of 383 examples produced with the 3.7 litre engine and 5-speed manual transmission.
The car moved to Spain where it was acquired by Edward Victory a pharmacist who imported the car to Gibraltar in 1989 and .....
This stunning 1966 Maserati Mistral 4.0 Coupe with matching numbers comes in a gorgeous silver exterior with a red interior. A beautiful color combination. It comes equipped with a highly desirable 4.0-liter engine with a 5-speed manual transmission, power windows, wood steering wheel and Borrani wire .....
Maserati Mistral 3.7 carburettor spyder 1 reg 1965 SUPERB FULLY RESTORATION OF MECHANICAL AND BODY CHASSIS ENGINE TOTALLY NEW 800 miles done from restoration! From Maserati coupè was converted spyder ( replica) and homologate spyder also in the documents
Is a car like new ! Take a look of original .....
THIS CAR HAS ALL THE DIFFICULT WORK COMPLETED , IT IS NOT A SHOW CAR NOR IS IT A SHOW ROOM PRICE!
THE PREVIOUS ELDERLY GENTLEMAN OWNER CARRIED OUT A RESTORATION OF MANY YEARS IN HIS SPARE TIME. STILL ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENTS, BUT NO MAJOR WORK NEEDED.
WE ARE FULLY AWARE OF A COUPLE OF MASERATI MISTRALS .....
Maserati Mistral 3700 Coupé
odometer reading 68127 kms believed genuine
3.7 litre 5-speed
chassis no 109-388
black with black leather
The Maserati Mistral (Tipo AM109) is a 2-seat gran turismo produced between 1963 and 1970. The successor to the 3500 GT, it was styled by Frua and bodied .....