Click here to list ALL Makes
1973 Alfa Romeo 1600 GT Junior For Sale
* Conforms to origin
* Superb White Aubépine
* Accompanied by the rare engine block 1600 109CV
* Restored "caisse à nue" in 2013
- Version: Type 115.03, 1600cm3, 109CV
- Body: Coupe, berlinette 4 places
- Origin: Italy, sold at Alfa Romeo Bologna
- 1st putting into circulation: 23 November 1973
- Mileage indicated on the meter: 33 257 kms
- Transmission: 5-speed manual gearbox + reverse gear, propulsion
- Fiscal power: 12CV
- Energy: Gasoline SP98
The design of the Alfa Romeo 1600 GT is signed by Giorgetto Giugiaro, designer of the famous Bertone house in Turin. He traced the lines while he was doing his military service, working in the evening in a hotel room thanks to some accommodations obtained by Nuccio Bertone with military authority. The line is extrapolated from the 2000 coupe of 1960, already projected by the young man decidedly precocious. Moreover, the Giulia Sprint borrows from him practically the entirety of his pavilion. The name "GT" means the cut version of the Giulia model.
The GTs are evolutions of the previous Giulia Sprint GT, with almost identical aesthetics. The first models are distinguished from the Giulia by a grille with only one horizontal chrome bar. The dashboard is long, with two large dials in the center with a two or three-hand steering wheel. In 1972, the 1.6L engine is available as an option.
Production began in 1963 at the new Alfa Romeo plant in Arese. Its manufacture will end long later, in 1976 after an important commercial and sporting success. The 1600cc GT Junior was manufactured in two versions between 1972-74 and 1974-76, with a first engine developing 109CV, before seeing its power decrease in 1974 at 102CV.
Only 14,299 units were sold from 1972 to 1976, and less than half in the 109CV version. This 1600 Junior is a relatively rare version of total production, especially as compared to the more than 93,000 units produced in 1300 cc of total production.
History of the model
The vehicle we are presenting carries the chassis number AR2201839 and was sold on November 23, 1973 to Maria Treré in the Alfa Romeo Bologna dealership in Italy. The first owner had opted for this wonderful tint BiancoSpino and had also chosen to take the 1600cm3 engine available as an option at the time. This version 115.03 is proposed with its corresponding motor type AR00536. This Junior 1600 has spent more than 40 years of its life in Italy including 26 street Forcolo in the city of Imola, which recall the, houses the circuit Dino and Enzo Ferrari.
In 2013, a naked crate restoration was made. The engine, the gearbox, the saddlery, the instrument panel, the running gear, the joints, the electrical circuit, the glassware, the optics have been deposited for restoration. A photo folder is available.
Giulio, the last owner and member of a famous family collecting the Alfa Romeo decided alongside his son Gregory to bring the car to France to engage in historic rally. This project was abandoned, the car was sold to Sylvie, a woman cradled by the automobile since her childhood spent especially on the circuit Le Mans and alongside Steve McQueen during the filming of the film Le Mans when she Was still a teenager!
The history makes it possible to distinguish 6 owners since 1973 including 5 Italian since the date of first put into circulation.
- Alfa Romeo GT Junior 1.3 / 1.6L Technical Manual dated September 1973
- Photocopy of the original gray card
- Photocopy of the certificate of circulation of origin, stamped by the Ministry of Transport at the time of first circulation, the names of the former owners, the coupons of the office of the tax authorities, the revisions
- Certification of the car Club de Rome
- European certificate of conformity
- French Technical Controls
- Photographic file of the crate restoration nude of 2013
- 14 April 1984 (seal affixed to the movement certificate)
- 20 September 1990 (stamp affixed to the movement certificate)
- 25 March 1996 (seal affixed to the movement certificate)
- 6 September 2013 (stamp affixed to the movement certificate)
- 21 October 2015 (stamp affixed to the movement certificate)
- March 12, 2016 (Invoice)
- Service will be made in 2017 for sale (invoice will be provided)
Coupons from the tax administration office (vintage tax on vehicles)
- Coupon No 149877 of December 1977
- Coupon No 129162 of 22 December 1978
- Coupon No 124836 of December 1975
- Coupon No 069970 of August 1974
DISCOVER THE FULL ARTICLE ON STRADERIAL.COM
1975 Alfa Romeo 1300 GT Junior
For sale, beautiful Alfa Romeo 1300 GT Junior performed in the original color AR516 Faggio combined with a beige interior.
This is a beautiful and very original car, the exterior was once repainted .....
1975 Alfa Romeo 1300 GT Junior with 55.000km
For sale, beautiful Alfa Romeo 1300 GT Junior performed in the original color Alfa Rosso combined with a blue fabric interior that was an option at that time.
This concerns a beautiful original car, .....