imported from Italy in 2012.
In regular use for Classic car events and citytrips. A real headturner, with a great thumbs-up character. Beautiful 70’s Giugaro design, with a bulletproof and powerful Italian V8, with matching sound-track. Comes with 4 proper seats and a spacious boot, for those elegant weekend trips.
Very well maintained and by now a great deal has been done on the car;
- Fully refurbished and modernized air-conditioning, coolants compliant with new EU law
- Fully reconditioned Gearbox, with replacement parts newly manuafactured
- Entire clutch system renewed
- Carburetors renovated and finetuned, 240HP on the dyno
- Power steering system completely overhauled
- New fuel pumps
- Ignition system renewed
- Electrical fusebox stripped out and completely renewed using original original work schemes (infamous Maserati nightmare)
- New Stainless steel exhaust
- 4 new original newly manufactured Michelin XWX tyres (rare and expensive)
- Front and rearbumper rechromed
- Engine cooling system, with thermostat, radiator and waterpump renewed and restored
All functions in working order, ready to go for a Fabulous summer season!
The Maserati Indy, penned by Giovanni Michelotti as a substitute for the ageing Sebring, was a four-seater alternative to the marque’s signature sportscar without indulging in the weight and handling.....
The Maserati Indy was one of the fastest and most powerful Grand Tourers of its time. It was styled by Vignale as a practical four-seater with a generous luggage compartment and showed to the public.....
The Maserati Indy was first shown, unnamed, at the 1968 Turin Salon and then made its official debut at Geneva a year later. Named as many have been before after significant 'racing victorys, in this.....
PERFECT 100% restored 4.9 ltr Indy SS. PERFECT, also engine, gearbox rebuild, all like new. Painted from bare metal. Nut and bolt restoration. All photos and invoices from the work done. Beautiful.....