1960 Triumph TR3A Roadster = LHD Black Driver $47.5k For Sale
Located in the USA...
1960 Triumph TR3A = US-specs.
Engine Size 2138 cc
Transmission Type 5 Speed Manual
Body Style Convertible
- The Triumph TR3 is one of the most loved sports cars ever built. The distinctive headlamps, wide mouth and cut-down doors defined British sports car. The rugged mechanical components stood up well to US driving style.
- Our car is one of the later TR3A's, and one of the best that you'll find.
- It reportedly was purchased from the original owner 30+ years ago by a former British Leyland dealer with a soft spot for TR3s. He kept the car 20+ years.
- The owner of a British car repair shop in New Hampshire was familiar with the car and kept track of it until the owner was ready to sell it.
- The refurbishment of car became a personal project of the shop owner and over the next 4 or so years he built the car to to his idea of the perfect TR3A.
- The engine was rebuilt to 2,138 cc TR4 specs.
- The transmission was replaced with a fully synchronized TR6 unit.
- The hood was modified with additional cooling louvers.
- The carpet was replaced with proper wool carpet. While the engine was out, the engine compartment was repainted and detailed.
- A client of the shop saw the car and had to have it.
- The client was a car collector with significant resources. He wanted the car but wanted it finished up to a high cosmetic standard.
- The car was stripped to bare metal and repainted.
- The interior was recovered in custom sewn high quality leather. The wheels were painted black to match the car and the knock-offs were drilled and safety wired like a racecar.
- Completing the project, a set of rally driving lights and leather hood hold down straps were added. A high quality wood steering wheel replaced the original plastic wheel.
- Electronic ignition and a thermostatically controlled electric cooling fan were added for reliability. A new top was fit and perhaps most important, the antiquated and sloppy worm and selector steering box was replaced with a rack and pinion steering rack.
- Oh yeah, a cool dual pipe exhaust tip was installed.
- The result is the car we have today, one of the best sorted and most attractive TR3s that you'll find.
- It is in excellent cosmetic condition with matching mechanical condition.
- While the restoration was done without budget, the car is priced very favorably.
Trades welcome in USA is best... Financing available.
- Worldwide shipping accommodated.
- We are happy to assist with shipping, nationally and internationally.
- Please email me if I can assist further with inspections, evaluation, test-drives and a potential purchase of this automobile.
1971 VW Karmann Ghia Coupe I bought from original California owner Blue driver $10,995...usd dollars... coming soon and on request please....)))))))
Can be exported at your cost or about $1,500 dollars to the UK port in 4 weeks...bn
- Serious collectors please...more pics coming and on request...
Thanks for looking
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts