Click here to list ALL Makes
Porsche 924, low mileage, recent new cambelt, COA For Sale (1984)PRIVATE SALE (OVNO offers will be considered - but only after you have viewed the car)
This car was supplied by "AFN Limited", from their original Isleworth premises in March 1984 - the Porsche Certificate of Authenticity (supplied with the car) and a phone call to Porsche reveals the car was one of "Porsche Club Great Britain's" original display cars and features on their internal database as a very rare "Atrium" car (so it was originally ordered by Porsche UK Head Office to act as a show-car to promote the 924 in the AFN showroom).
I have been a member of Porsche Club Great Britain since 1995 and I am a great fan of Transaxle Porsches (I bought my first 924 in 1995) and visited the Transaxle exhibition at the Porsche Museum in Zuffenhausen, Stuttgart before it closed on 16 October 2016.
ABOUT THE CAR:
This Porsche 924:
- was first Registered in March 1984 and is A Registered
- is MOTd until 9 February 2018 (quite a few previous MOT Certificates are held)
- has done just over 100,900 miles (good Service History, including the original Porsche folder, stamped service book and book packs - genuine low mileage for a 33 year old car
- is Guards Red - Porsche Colour Code LM3A (has a few age marks consistent with a 33 year old car)
- very recent work includes a new cambelt with rollers, new water-pump, new battery, new ignition leads and distributor cap - and a new/refurbished warm-up regulator, Pirelli tyres all-round that are believed to have done less than 1000 miles and a recent stainless steel (rear section) exhaust
- has the black pinstripe cloth interior - bordered by leatherette in black (in very good overall condition - the bolster on the right driver's side seat is showing some signs of wear).
PROVENANCE and SERVICE HISTORY
The car has:
- its original AFN Isleworth number plates (front and rear)
- AFN Isleworth stickers - side window and rear window
- every piece of glass is embossed with the car's Registration Number
- original keys (2 sets) that fit every lock on the car (ignition, both doors, petrol cap, and rear tailgate)
Documentation that accompanies this car includes:
- Porsche Cars Great Britain "Certificate of Authenticity" - which lists the original colour, interior materials and colour, chassis number, engine number, options and original supplying dealer
- V5 - Registered in my name at my address
- Current MOT Certificate to 9 February 2018
- Good number of previous MOT Certificates
- DVLA printout of names and addresses (and period of ownership) for each of the previous owners - very rare to have that information
- Original stamped Porsche Service book - showing the original supplying dealer stamps and subsequent Porsche and specialist stamps
- Original burgundy leatherette Service History/Pack folder/wallet
- Some other Original Porsche booklets (including Service locations)
- a number of older receipts - including previous Sales Receipts
In ADDITION, the following work has been carried out over the last few months - receipts held:
- new Cambelt and rollers (April 2017)
- new water pump (April 2017)
- new heavy duty battery (February 2017)
- new ignition leads x4 (May 2017)
- new distributor cap (May 2017)
And the following work has been carried out over the past 2-3 years (as advised by the previous owner):
- 4 "new" Pirelli tyres - believed to have done less than 1,000 miles
- "New" rear Stainless Steel polished exhaust - June 2015
- Recently refurbished alloys - original Porsche 924 Turbo "Mesh" wheels (no receipt)
The car starts on the button 100% of the time - there are no hot/cold start issues with this car (the previous owner told me that the warm-up regulator had recently been refurbished).
- Original, no known faults
- Very good oil pressure
- Original, no known faults
- No issues with gears selection
- No issues with clutch
As far as the bodywork is concerned, the sills are in very good condition and there are no signs of rust on the car.
There are a couple of minor marks around the car as you would expect for a 33 year old car. The paint is a little faded in places (very common with Guards Red cars - but this polishes up well, particularly when you use a red pigment polish and may respond well to professional detailing/mopping).
WHEELS AND TYRES
- Original Porsche 924 Turbo type alloys - not an original fitted option on this car
- Recent Pirelli tyres all-round
- No known faults - everything works as it should (including the sunroof!)
Overall, this is a very good example of these increasingly rare and fast-appreciating classic cars - it has had a lot of money spent on it over the years and whilst there are still areas that you can improve if you want to, this is a good car to use at weekends or indeed everyday.
Price £3,975 No Offers Please (before you have viewed the car). I have priced the car to reflect the overall good condition, low mileage for year, recent expenditure on the car and its provenance and heritage as an ex-Porsche Cars Great Britain show car (with the original service books, leatherette wallet and Porsche Certificate of Authenticity). Some better condition, lower mileage cars are now selling for up to £15k but this car will be more at home in the company cars up to £6k in my opinion. A pricing guide from Hagerty UK Classic Car insurers shows that I am asking "Fair" condition money for a car that is in "Good" condition (take a look at their website and use their classic car valuation tool).
GENUINE REASON FOR SALE - I have had 2 hip replacement operations in the last 4 months and have just started driving again. This car is now too low for me and its harder for me to drive a manual car. My love of Transaxle Porsches will have to go on hold for a while. I do have a low mileage 924S that I have owned since 2004 in storage - that I hope to be able to drive again one day.
Any inspection welcome - West Sussex/Surrey borders. Good train and major roads access.