1928 AC 15-56 'S.F.EDGE SPECIAL'/'ACECA' TWO SEATER DROPHEAD COUPE
Chassis - details above
The Light Six came in both 1,500cc and two-litre sizes, and the company was quickly accepted as the source of a range of particularly well-finished and lively medium-priced automobiles. The slender two-seater open tourer, with wide bench seat matched by a right-hand gear lever, offering a spacious double dickey seat, was particularly successful - whether in the form of this car as the 'Aceca' with wind-up windows or in simpler Royal or Acedes variants with removable celluloid sidescreens. Throughout the 1920s the basic chassis, still with gearbox in unit with the real axle, was developed and improved; front wheel brakes arriving in 1927.
According to a plaque it wears this car was supplied through Pytchley Automobile Co. of Great Portland St. London, the car was then registered to its London owner in 1928. The car was next seen publicly when offered for sale by Sotheby's in 1965, at which time the car was described as follows: 'This very original example has had only two owners, was maintained by the factory for the first ten years of its life and has been stored for two periods, 1939-1945 and 1957-1965.' we have been custodians of the vehicle for around 4 years.
The vehicle currently has the the engine removed and will require a full rebuild, a mechanical based project that is cosmetically superior.