1973 Brubaker Box = very Rare 1 of 23 made project $32k For Sale
Located in the USA...dry desert...
1973 Brubaker Box.
- Only one of 23 known still to exist.
- This is the only unfinished kit ever found.
- Will be more expensive when we do more work to this on going restro.
- With a scant 23 cars ever produced, we are thrilled to have an un-built Brubaker Box kit.
- We are collecting parts locally, (and donations via Patreon) to fund this milestone build.
- Stay Tuned...
- The Brubaker Box is exceptionally rare, in its own right.
- I can't imagine one being anywhere on the European continent.... this is the only uncut, unbuilt Brubaker Box that has ever been found.
- The original factory, un-installed rear upholstery included.... nose, sliding door and tail piece are re-created item.
- 1968 VW pan chassis with built 1600 motor/trans, ready to go... truly one of one...available temporarily for $49,000..usd dollars...
The price can change in we do more work and services to it....or a it is a ongoing restro...every week the price can change...
- Comes with Title...
- The price can change in we do more work and services to it....or a it is a ongoing restro...
- New Updates....
The brubaker box. one of 52 produced. 16 known to exist. one unfinished kit known to exist........this one. body never mounted or cut. original factory upholstery included, some NOS parts still in original wrapping and boxes. includes solid chassis and strong hi performance motor. modified steering column, special brubaker brake set up. original factory front seats (upholstery torn from age......never sat upon), some extra parts. I have borrowed a door, nose and tail from another car. I was going to make molds and produce the parts if I kept the car.
- those parts are not included. I could be commissioned to create these parts to be included in the sale. includes roller wheels, and can be had with a set of 22" alloys. can assist with worldwide shipping. perfect uncut example if someone wished to clone this body. once in a lifetime opportunity. it is doubtful that this car will ever be publicly available again. $32k u.s. firm for project. with parts to complete.....per future quote....
- More cool stuff always on the way....more details on these cars and others at our website.
All of 6 the photos in this ad are samples...more pics of the ongoing restoration of ours now in the shop.
- The Brubaker Box was a kit car designed by Curtis Brubaker.
- It is considered the first minivan.
- Brubaker got the idea from Volkswagen Minibuses, and decided to try and update the concept. The kit was designed to fit on the chassis of a Volkswagen Beetle. In 1972 after a deal with Volkswagen could not be reached, Brubaker began buying completed Beetles and converting them to Boxes, selling the excess pieces. However, this scheme did not prove profitable, and very few boxes were ever constructed. Brubaker filed for bankruptcy the same year. Investors in the company tried to continue manufacturing the Box in various ways, the only success being Mike Hansen's Automecca, Chatsworth Ca in 1974 with its "Sports Van."
Brubaker Box/Automecca sports van
Automecca, Brubaker, Various
Body and chassis
kit car, minivan
Longitudinal rear engine,
Volkswagen Type 1
The Brubaker Box was assembled on a complete Volkswagen Type I chassis. Due to the extended length of the body compared to that of a standard Volkswagen Beetle the foot pedal assembly was relocated forward and up from the standard position. For increased safety the fuel tank was moved from the front to the center of the vehicle.
- Constructed from fiberglass the body was made from 13 inner and outer panels, including a floor panel, riveted and bonded together. The whole body was designed to bolt directly to an unmodified VW bug chassis. In the first prototypes stock front seats from Ford or VW were retained and a lounge-type seat was created for the rear of the vehicle. To add to the rear seating area a foot stool / cushion was added above the fuel tank.
- A single sliding door on the right side was the only entrance. The radio and switches were in the door panel to the left of the driving position. Shock absorbing bumpers of composite construction were designed to look like curved wood. The spare wheel was mounted to absorb frontal crash energy. For sunny days a large removable panel was positioned in the center of the roof panel. To reduce production costs parts from other vehicles were used. Front windshield was from an AMC Javelin, tail lights from a Datsun Truck and various other parts from an El Camino.
The Brubaker Box and several other vehicles produced by Brubaker were featured on the TV Show Ark II.
One can be seen in the original release of Soylent Green in the Tree Museum scene.
A Brubaker Box is used throughout the film Grid Runners (Also known as Virtual Combat) (1995) Directed by Andrew Stevens.
Prior to production an article detailing the vehicle specifications and initial test drive appeared in the magazine Car and Driver issued March 1972
1970s VW Karmann Ghia Coupe
In rust free condition from Californian
It is a rolling shell with fiber glass front end ideal for race car !! ?? restore in its own right!
It is currently located in Ramona, Southern California ready to be shipped to the UK.
Please email [email protected] .....
1977 V W Bay window camper van.
In rust free condition from california in need of restoration.
Its a rolling van missing the engine and its a automatic not manual
It is currently located in Ramona,California ready to be shipped to the UK.
For more information email on [email protected] .....
For sale i have a 1980 mark 1 vw caddy diesel its in need of paintwork but runs and drives fine.
please note this car is located in Ramona california 92065. We have the Californian title for the car. We ship every week to our shop in Ashbourne Derbyshire. shipping to the uk is 1250 pounds plus tax .....
For sale 1982 mark 1 vw caddy its in need of paintwork and for the engine to be put back in but comes with it would be a easy project.
please note this car is located in Ramona california 92065. We have the Californian title for the car. We ship every week to our shop in Ashbourne Derbyshire. shipping .....
1968 Volkswagon Beetle
..Red Paint Good
..'73 1600cc Air Cooled Engine
..12 Volt System
..e-Mail or call for 23 photos
..Priced Way Under $10,000 USD
..Make Me An Offer
..Call Rod: 001-712-767-2363 USA
..Cell Phone: 001-402-651-5521 USA
My name is Jeffery from Malta Europe
I am on the lookout for a vw karma ghia in rhd from owner in any condition
I have a friend in UK which will view car, payment will be by bank transfer before pick up.
Malta number (+356) 79491563 Mr Jeffery
UK number 07786 368210 Mr barrie clapson
We regularly trip across Mainland Europe to source/inspect/collect vehicles for our customer base and for our own stock.
We have a number of Volkswagen Bay window T2 pickup due
to come into the UK. (one example is a particularly unique version that was originally supplied to the Italian Firebrigade .....