1971 Mercedes 280SE Fintail Cabriolet = Correct Rare $obo For Sale
Located in the USA...dry desert....Fast High-end Custom Clones with 1100 HP on request please...
1971 Mercedes-Benz 280SE “Fintail” Cabriolet (W111)
- Asking Price $ OBO best offer please usd.
Completely restored, matching numbers, rust and accident free. Same owner for past 40 years!
Small Series 1 of 1232
Exterior / Interior Color Horizon Blue / Dark Blue Full Leather
Mileage 110.741 km
Configuration Left Hand Drive (LHD)
-Genuine original 280SE 3.5 Cabriolet
-One of only 1,232 examples completed
-More rare than a 300SL Roadster or 300SL Gullwing
-Last of the "Hand Assembled" "Team-Construction" Mercedes Benz vehicles
-Rust and accident Free
-All matching numbers
-Zero time fresh on a completely restoration
Model Year 1971
Exterior color code: 304 GB – Exterior Paint is Horizon Blue Body and Hub Caps
Interior color code: 245 – Blue Full Leather
Completed May, 1971
Delivered June, 1971
Mileage 110,741 Original Miles
Full Options Codes List:
401 Single seats
461 Instrument in English
491 USA Model & Equipment Vehicle
503 Outside Rearview Mirror on Left
513 USA Market Becker Europa Stereo Radio
524 Paint-coat preservation
531 Automatic Power Antenna for Radio
540 Seat Adapter BetweenFront Seats
570 Folding Armrest
586 Combination Code for BEHR Air Conditioning and Electric Power Windows
595 Heat insulated glass
641 White wall tires
669 Mode of Packing Shipping Ocean Vessel 1st Class
744 Soft-Top Fabric, Dark Blue
—— Phoenix Tires
Engine Compartment Code Tag Information:
304 G Exterior Paint is Horizon Blue Body and Hub Caps
- - - This means same color for the soft top as body and hub cap
11027-12 Model Identification Code 1971 280SE 3.5-liter V8 Cabriolet
7 USA Delivered Vehicle When New
0 (Not sure… never figured this one out but every car seems to have a 0 here)
The 280SE 3.5-liter models were Mercedes-Benz's first V8-powered sports cars. A combination of elegant styling coupled with effortless performance made them highly desirable despite a very expensive price.
- They were and remain regarded as one of the most luxurious and elegant vehicles to ever emerge as a production machine.
- Even today their performance, handling and quality sets them apart as one of the most sought after and desirable vehicles ever produced.
- Because of their time consuming, hand-assembled nature, Mercedes offered this, their top of the line V-8 Cabriolet for just a single production year in 1971. Orders were first accepted in October of 1969 with initial production starting in November of that same year. No additional orders were accepted after April of 1971 with production officially ending in the first week of June of 1971. A handful of final vehicles were completed and delivered in July of that same year. Once these vehicles were completed and delivered, Mercedes Benz ceased production of any further hand assembled vehicles.
- Production of all models thereafter were executed on the assembly line by individual linemen. The days of team hand assembly of a single vehicle were gone forever. Only 1,232 of these highly coveted vehicles were ever completed. for comparison, Mercedes built no less than 1,400 300SL Gullwing and 1,848 300SL Roadsters.
This particular 280SE 3.5 Cabriolet was special ordered new by the authorized Beverly Hills Agency in the Spring of 1971. The order requested:
-Special Equipment, high-output 3.5-liter V-8 Cabriolet Coachwork
-USA production model and equipment with English calibrated gauges
-Horizon Blue exterior paint
-Dark Blue Full Leather Interior and matching carpets and soft top
-Becker Multi-Band Stereo Radio, Amplifier and Power Antenna
-Power Steering / Power Brakes (Standard Feature)
-Four-Speed Automatic Transmission
-Individual Split Front Seats
-Heat Insulated Glass
The order was processed by Mercedes under commission number ##. The following components were assigned for group completion under this commission number and remain with the vehicle today:
This vehicle was originally ordered and remains painted in strikingly beautiful “Horizon Blue” with slightly contrasting darker blue full leather interior and soft top.
- This rare Mercedes Cabriolet has just benefited from no-expense spared complete cosmetic restoration.
- The mechanics are likewise very fresh, with set up and sorting mileage only since the completion of work.
- It is completely matching numbers and totally rust and accident free with complete books, jack kit and tool kit.
(A scanned copy of the Mercedes Benz original assembly record is attached to this email below.)
Please let me know how else I can assist you with a potential purchase of this very special machine.
- Please email me if I can assist further with inspections, evaluation, test-drives and a potential purchase of this automobile.
- Please email us below for additional assistance with the purchase of this vehicle.
Inspections welcome...please email us for more pics.
Please mention the vehicle you are inquiring about so we can respond promptly.
= Inspections are encouraged before any purchase, of any vehicle, anywhere.
csi big coupes bigcoupe e24 e28 m30 m30b35 bimmer e30 e21 e26 m1 e34 e36 e38 e39 e46 6er 6 633csi 630csi 635
Can be exported at your cost or about $1,500 dollars to the UK port in 4 weeks...bn
- Serious collectors please...more pics coming and on request...
Thanks for looking
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts