1992 Ferrari F40 = Rare Late + a Spare F40 Engine + Trans $obo For Sale
Located in the USA...dry desert.
-- (((( Plus a Ferrari F50 Engine and Trans for sale with euro specs on request please...$obo ))))
-- (((( Plus a Ferrari F40 Engine and Trans for sale with euro specs on request please...$obo ))))
-- Plus a red Enzo with euro specs under 2M euro...coming soon and on request please...
1992 Ferrari F40
1,100,000 USD - Asking Price
- A Extremely late production example built in July of 1992 in the final week of F40 Production.
- Matching numbers, accident free, full documented history from new. Just 13,500 kilometers.
- Sold with all services, safety checks and maintenance completed.
Exterior / Interior Color Red Red / Grey
Mileage 13.586 km
Configuration Left Hand Drive (LHD)
Transmission Manual Shift
Original Owner / Registration Mantova, Italy plates
Second Registration Arese, Italy plates “AE 400 SV” (1995)
Last Factory Record / Update April 27, 1996
Mileage 13,536 Kilometers / 8,410 Miles
Ferrari’s legendary F40 was the very last Ferrari personally approved of by Enzo Ferrari. The name was in celebration and derived from the 40th Anniversary of the Ferrari automobile company which had been founded in 1947. Production commenced late in 1987 with the last examples completed in July of 1992.
- A total of 1,311 examples were delivered when production finally came to an end. The F40 was seen as a logical development of Ferrari’s first “SuperCar” their 1985 288GTO. Drive-train layout remained the same with a 2.9-liter, twin-turbocharged V8 and longitudinal 5-speed in unit transaxle.
- Almost everything else however was completely different as the body was now a full monocoque in Carbon Fiber. Kevlar, Nomex, Perspex and alloy components comprised the remaining structure of Ferraris second-generation SuperCar. Performance, handling and breaking were a vast improvement over the F40s predecessor, the 288GTO.
- Engine output was now approaching 500bhp but officially rated at 471bhp. This was a significant increase over the 288’s 400bhp rating.
- Despite added significant weight of the F40 due to the all monocoque design, top speed increased from 186mph to just shy of 200mph at an official 197mph.
- Breaking and handling were also greatly improved due to a complete redesign of the brakes and suspension as well as a wider track, front and rear while still retaining the same wheelbase as the 288GTO.
1992 Ferrari F40
This particular F40 is one of the very last examples completed. It was ordered new by the official Ferrari agent Crepaldi Auto SpA., as a regular production, domestic/Italian market model.
- According to Ferrari’s internal records, the order was placed in December of 1991 on invoice number. Assembly was initiated on order no # and assembly commenced on June 4th, 1992 and it was completed four-days later on June 8th.
- This F40 was completed in the final weeks of official production. Only two other F40s are known to have been completed and delivered after this particular example.
- A certificate of origin was signed the following day after the completion of testing and acceptance by the assembly foreman. This certificate, No... was dated July 9th, 1992. The car was delivered a week later to Crepaldi Auto SpA., and formally invoiced new on July 20th, the same day a two-year, 24,000 kilometer warranty was initiated for the first registered owner.
This Ferrari was registered new for the first time on Mantova plates .” Ferrari’s original warranty expired on July 20th, 1994. One year later, this F40 was sold to the second owner and registered on Arese plates “AE 400 SV.” Ferraris last official record for this F40 was an internal SAT bulletin issued on April 27th, 1996 relating to a suspension update.
- In June of 1996, the 2nd registered Italian owner sold the car to a Japanese exotic car dealer in Gifu City, Japan. Total mileage at the time of purchase was 1,100 kilometers.
- Japanese Government registration records provide a complete listing of subsequent owners and dates of ownership change as well as recorded mileages during the vehicles stay in Japan.
- Each of the listed owners on the Japanese registration documents was either a dealer, a private museum or prominent Ferrari collector. These records indicate that on July 3rd, 1996 this Ferrari was first road-registered in Japan on Gifu City plates It was sold and re-registered on November 5th, 1999 using Fukuoka City plates "330 40.” The next change in registration occurred on June 16th, 2006 when the vehicle received Nagoya plates “331 40.” Later that year, on October 18th, Tokyo plates “301 8714” were assigned to this F40.
- The following year a corporate name change took place. This occurred on March 8th of 1997. The previously issued Tokyo plates “301 8714” remained assigned to the vehicle as this was simply a change in the company name that still owned this Ferrari.
Mileage was official recorded on Japanese Road Registration Records as follows:
May 6th, 1997 1,100 Kilometers
June 10th, 2010 12,500 Kilometers
August 20th, 2012 13,200 Kilometers
October 2nd, 2017 13,535 Kilometers / 8,410 Miles
1992 Ferrari F40
- This particular Ferrari F40 is one of the very last examples completed. As a result of being an extremely late production example, it benefited from a variety of improvements and updates incorporated by Ferrari during their five year production run.
- This is a completely accident free F40 that has always been ultra-carefully maintained and serviced by each subsequent owner. All original components assigned and as delivered new with the vehicle remain with it to this day.
- The original "born with” engine and gearbox remain as do all other components. This F40 was given the standard seatbelt update kit and it was further updated with a Tubi exhaust system.
- The original stock exhaust system accompanies the vehicle as do the original jack and tool kits as well as owners manual and books.
- This vehicle will be sold with a full major service completed by Ferrari of San Diego.
- It will be delivered with all services and safety checks completed and have “zero running time” since the work was finished.
Please email or call me if I can assist further with inspections, evaluation, test-drives and a potential purchase of this automobile.
- Please email me if I can assist further with inspections, evaluation, test-drives and a potential purchase of this automobile.
- Please email us below for additional assistance with the purchase of this vehicle.
Inspections welcome...please email us for more pics.
Please mention the vehicle you are inquiring about so we can respond promptly.
= Inspections are encouraged before any purchase, of any vehicle, anywhere.
Can be exported at your cost or about $1,500 dollars to the UK port in 4 weeks...bn
- Serious collectors please...more pics coming and on request...
Manufactured in 1990 S.P.A Maranello, Italy, this F40 was delivered new to Ferrari main dealers Auto Becker of Dusseldorf Germany, May 1990. It was imported and first registered in the UK December.....
To Be OFFERED AT AUCTION at RM Sothebys' Abu Dhabi event, 30 November 2019. Fully restored by marque specialists in ItalyFerrari Classiche Certified, retains its original engine, gearbox, and bodyworkAutographed.....
Ferrari Independent Specialist McGurk Performance Cars are looking to buy you well cared for Ferrari.
We hold a stock of over 40 Aston Martins at any one time, we are always looking to buy excellent.....