1957 Porsche 356A Speedster T1 = Correct 65k miles $obo For Sale
Located in the USA...dry desert.
1957 Porsche 356A Speedster
Price:$Best offer please...usd dollars.
Engine Size 1600 cc
Transmission Type 4 Speed Manual
Body Style Convertible
1957 Porsche 356A T1 Speedster
- We did an exquisite restoration on this 1957 Speedster over a 20-month period from 2012 to 2013.
- During the restoration, this 356 was completely disassembled so that every aspect could be properly addressed.
- The 356 was stripped down to the bare shell and it had minimal rust.
- The body and panels are original and still retain their correct stampings/numbers. All panels were pre-fit with bumpers, windshield frame and top to ensure the absolute best result.
- The complete driveline was rebuilt, engine, transmission, suspension, braking system, wire harness, and fuel system.
- All the chrome is triple plated, all the components are OEM or NOS. No color was listed on the Certificate of Authenticity or Kardex so the car was painted in a beautifully original color of Stone Grey with Red interior Absolutely superb in every way, this 356A Speedster is ready for immediate road or concours use.
- Complete with tools, books, side curtains, boot cover and Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche & photo documentation of the restoration.
- Truly one of the best 1957 Speedsters that you will find with no issues.
60 horsepower, 1,582 cc OHV air-cooled horizontally opposed four-cylinder engine with dual Solex carburetors, four-speed manual 644 transmission, independent front suspension with laminated torsion bars, parallel trailing arms, and tubular shock absorbers, independent rear swing axles with torsion bars and tubular shock absorbers, and four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes. Wheelbase: 82.7 in.
- Porsche has the Speedster to thank for their success in the United States. Without this little convertible, it could be argued that Porsche sales might not have ever taken off in the fiercely competitive U.S. market.
- The car's low-slung and focused looks appealed to sports car enthusiasts and its price of just under $3,000 definitely helped to get Speedsters off the showroom floors and out onto the open road.
- Boasting few creature comforts but excellent driving characteristics, it helped cement Porsche's reputation in the United States and earned it a hugely desirable portion of the sports car market at a time when the motto of most British marques was “export or die.”
- The Speedster holds a special place in Porsche history, not only as a sales success but also as an icon of minimalist automotive design.
- It remains a beloved vehicle today, and a well-restored and properly maintained Speedster, such as this example, is on the wish list of nearly every car enthusiast the world over.
- This status has also contributed to a meteoric rise in desirability for these cars, as they lead the charge for all 356s and 911s that are gaining momentum in the marketplace.
- Simply put, no important collection would be complete without a proper Speedster, as it is an equal in automotive design and history as the California Spider and 300 SL, but it further benefits from practicality and ease of use, which makes it as perfect for running errands as handling twisty mountain roads.
- Motoring enthusiasts new to the classic car world are well served to acquire a “blue chip” Porsche such as this.
- Please email me if I can assist further with inspections, evaluation, test-drives and a potential purchase of this automobile.
Please email us below for additional assistance with the purchase of this vehicle.
Inspections welcome...please email us for more pics.
Please mention the vehicle you are inquiring about so we can respond promptly.
= Inspections are encouraged before any purchase, of any vehicle, anywhere.
Can be exported at your cost or about $1,500 dollars to the UK port in 4 weeks...bn
- Serious collectors please...more pics coming and on request...
Same owner for more than 30 years
Original colour combination Heron Grey with red interior
Arm rests in leather
2 Fog Lights
Ventilated Chrome Wheels
Frame Off restoration!
The Porsche 356 is completely rebuilt and in absolut new condition. The vehicle has matching number and matching color. Additionally we have the certificate of birth and a complete photo documentation of the restoration process. Convince yourself of this TOP-CAR and visit us .....
This Porsche was completely restored a few years ago and also driven. The car has always been serviced and kept in technical good conditions. A vehicle that makes fun to drive and gives happiness to have in ownership.
For more pictures visit our website www.oldie-point.at
Call us +43 676 888 450 568
The Porsche 356 B Karmann Hardtop Coupe was always registered in Austria. The vehicle had just 5 owners and the last one had it for over 45 years in his possession. As a special feature the 356 has an electric sunroof. Just before 1000km the engine was completely overhauled by a serios Porsche mechanic .....
The meanwhile rarely 356 Porsche gets released from our collection and will be saled. The car is very well preserved and technically seen in daily useable condition. The last owner restored the car partially over the last years. That is shown in the generall condition of the 356. The vehicle is exposed .....
This 1965 Porsche 356C Cabriolet is an absolutely beautiful example and a superb driver. Red with black interior. It has a 356SC motor installed. A very clean, straight and solid car that's in excellent condition for only $129,500
This Porsche 356 B 1600 S Cabriolet was professionally restored by recognised specialists during the last few years. Just driven 15 mls since completion. Stunning car. Without doubt one of the best available.
The original 911 some might say. The 356 was introduced effectively in 1948 with what was called the pre A.
In late 1959 significant styling and technical refinements gave rise to the 356 B (a T5 body type). The mid-1962 356 B model was changed to the T6 body type (twin engine lid grilles, an external .....
La Porsche 356 fut la première voiture de la marque allemande Porsche. Conçue par Ferry Porsche sur les bases mécaniques de la Volkswagen Coccinelle (par souci d'économie) et dessinée par Erwin Komenda, elle sera produite en série de 1948 à 1965. Initialement disponible en coupé, en cabriolet puis en .....