1958 Porsche 356A Speedster T2 = clean Blue 12k miles $299.9 For Sale
Located in the USA...dry desert.
1958 Porsche 356A Speedster
Engine Size 1600 cc
Transmission Type 4 Speed Manual
Body Style Convertible
1958 Porsche 356A T2 Speedster
- The paint is in very nice condition with a red interior, German square weave carpets, new soft-top and boot cover. This Speedster has been driven and enjoyed.
- Drive it anywhere!
- Complete with the Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, owner's manual, spare tire and jack. Excellent driver that is solid and rust free!
60 horse power, 1,582 cc OHV air-cooled horizontally opposed four-cylinder engine with dual Solex carburetors, four-speed manual 644 transmission, independent front suspension with laminated torsion bars, parallel trailing arms, and tubular shock absorbers, independent rear swing axles with torsion bars and tubular shock absorbers, and four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes. Wheelbase: 82.7 in.
- Porsche has the Speedster to thank for their success in the United States. Without this little convertible, it could be argued that Porsche sales might not have ever taken off in the fiercely competitive U.S. market.
- The car's low-slung and focused looks appealed to sports car enthusiasts and its price of just under $3,000 definitely helped to get Speedsters off the showroom floors and out onto the open road.
- Boasting few creature comforts but excellent driving characteristics, it helped cement Porsche's reputation in the United States and earned it a hugely desirable portion of the sports car market at a time when the motto of most British marques was “export or die.”
- The Speedster holds a special place in Porsche history, not only as a sales success but also as an icon of minimalist automotive design.
- It remains a beloved vehicle today, and a well-restored and properly maintained Speedster, such as this example, is on the wish list of nearly every car enthusiast the world over. This status has also contributed to a meteoric rise in desirability for these cars, as they lead the charge for all 356s and 911s that are gaining momentum in the market place.
- Simply put, no important collection would be complete without a proper Speedster, as it is an equal in automotive design and history as the California Spider and 300 SL, but it further benefits from practicality and ease of use, which make it as perfect for running errands as handling twisty mountain roads.
- Motoring enthusiasts new to the classic car world are well served to acquire a “blue chip” Porsche such as this.
- Please email me if I can assist further with inspections, evaluation, test-drives and a potential purchase of this automobile.
Please email us below for additional assistance with the purchase of this vehicle.
Inspections welcome...please email us for more pics.
Please mention the vehicle you are inquiring about so we can respond promptly.
= Inspections are encouraged before any purchase, of any vehicle, anywhere.
Can be exported at your cost or about $1,500 dollars to the UK port in 4 weeks...bn
- Serious collectors please...more pics coming and on request...
Thanks for looking
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts