VW T25 Autohomes Komet MOT failure For Sale (1989)
|VW T25 Autohomes Komet for sale- MOT failure|
It is with a heavy heart that we are selling our VW camper which has reliably served us for the last 5 years. I could go on about where we have been and how it hasnít let us down and all that etc but Iíll cut to the chase as thereís more important, to the point stuff, Iím sure that you need to know. So letís start:
Ok! A short spiel to give you a brief context to our past devotion and commitment to the vehicle and then itís over to the good/ bad points and more importantly the contact details and asking price.
We bought the camper 5 years ago this very month. The Camper failed itís last MOT on the 14th August The conversation with my wife was whether to take out another loan to get the work done or to purchase a micro-caravan instead leaving us funds to complete the other project. ( A 1969 Manx Meyer beach buggy)
We have spend from mid August to now deciding what to do and itís regrettable that we have come to the conclusion to sell. It currently has 137,774 Miles on the clock and is SORN.
Thereís probably lots that I have forgotten but to the best of my memory (supported by receipts in the whole) here goes;
- New clutch fitted by myself two years ago. Oh! Forgot. I am an amateur mechanic as well as a primary school teacher.
- New starter motor fitted the same time as the clutch.
- New gearbox oil same time as the clutch. Had a good opportunity to clean all the bell housing out of all the gunk as well as cleaning and greasing up all of the gear selection rod running gear.
- Sony DAB/ CD radio with four speaker system (remote controlled). Speakers are 5 inch Fli in the from and 4 inch JBLs in the rear again fitted by myself. Sound is clear and loud if you want it.
- Full stainless steel exhaust system fitted 4 years ago which has a lifetime guarantee. This was fitted by myself and cost £550. Exhaust studs that were shabby were replaced by stainless steel ones using copper ease to install. Future extractions will easy.
- New Bridgestone truck tyres all round. Plenty of tread left.
- Chrome bumpers fitted front and back although the rear has a few minor buckles as somebody has clipped it at some point.
- Recent G13 VW coolant fitted. Proper Febi brand. This means that the engines cylinder heads are less prone to leakage in the long run in addition to the anti corrosive properties that this anti freeze possesses. (Work carried out myself)
- Both upper ball joints fitted 3 years ago. Again by myself and being the Mehle brand (German)
- There are the silver insulated and reflective window covers that are included in the sale.
- Both rear view mirrors have been replaced in the last 5 years due to past traffic clipping.
- I fitted stainless steel ĎSCATí rocker covers for a bit of glam. Donít know why as itís only the MOT inspector that will see them.
- Regular servicing by myself. Oil changes (including filter changes at least once a year)
- Cavernous space. Itís an original Autohomes conversion and we have been sensitive to the fact that it is original. As a result, in the main, the vehicle is original. Cabinets, slide out drawers, upper bunk, cooker unit, food storage area, and massive underseat water tank (although external filler cap was stolen, so using a Polo fuel cap which fits perfectly), etc. Everyone comments on itís retro originality.
- New ĎWhaleí water pump fitted 4 years ago.
- Smoked ĎHellaí rear light lenses and front indicator lenses fitted. Also have originals to pass over in sale.
- New brake fluid. Earlier this year.
- Gutter channels are in good condition just surface rust on the rear last 3 inches ,passenger side, which is honestly superficial.
- New handbrake cables fitted about 3 years ago. Again fitted by myself.
- 3 way fridge. Works on gas, 12V and 240 hook up. No problems whatsoever.
- Have fitted two LED lights to replace the originals. Brighter and more importantly less drainage on the battery.
- New vehicle battery fitted by myself last August.
- Leisure battery was bought when I purchased the vehicle back in 2012 and has no signs of drainage.
- Zig charging system fully working
- It has the oddments tray fitted to the dash which also hides the digital aeriel for the radio.
- Rust. Itís predominantly why the vehicle failed the MOT last time round. Front upper wishbones, rear quarters and areas around the suspension component fixtures. I will throw in a few ĎKlonddheimí repair panels that I have bought in readiness for the remedial work that we did consider. (both rear lower arch panels, lower side panel drivers side and sliding door seal channel)
- Upholstery. Itís showing signs of age and could perhaps be renewed with your personal choice of fabric. Tears and fading here and there.
-Rock and roll bed mechanism needs a refurb. Still functions but sags a little.
- Water temperature gauge does not work. Hasnít worked since I bought the vehicle. Just means that I have to check the coolant level every so often.
- Heater fan hasnít worked since I bought the vehicle although I havenít felt the need to change it as when you are in transit there is enough momentum for the heat to circulate.
- Tap drips ever so slightly. Could do with a new seal although we just wrap a piece of kitchen towel around the base of it when using and it soaks up the seepage.
- I had to rewire the Zig charging system 4 years ago and instead of stripping the interior out I ran the wires along the window and across the cab as planned to hide it when welding was done. Pictures will show this. Still works perfectly though.
- Rear hydraulic tail gate lifters could do with replacing.
- A little rust around the bottom of the rear screen- by the wiper.
Comes with a gas bottle (about half full), Thule levelling chocks, Window insulating/ privacy screens. I also have a ĎJust Kampersí retro drive away awning that I will throw into the sale if an agreed price is achieved. I also have spare front seats not that there is anything wrong with the current ones, apart from stitching wear on the driverís seat, but they cropped up and I purchased them just in case.
Please remember that this is a vehicle which year on year is simply increasing in value and is the end of the early VW camper ethos where evolution was more important than revolution meaning that the engine is still at the back and the interior layout and driving position is that of the split and bay window campers of earlier years.
Iíve tried to be as transparent as I can although I am only human so I suggest that if you are interested and local call in for a look/ drive or if you are more far afield then ask more questions or request additional photos. I am based in Newport, South Wales.
Asking price: £2250 No offers
Itís probably best to email me as phone is off in the day. Thanks for looking- Ioan
This is the last reduction as it appears that I am giving it away at this price. -
Quick sale needed prior to the Christmas spell. Offers invited.
Mg-tf 1.6 Convertible 2005 (05) reg (1984)
2005, 05 reg, Met Silver, 2 door, Only 58k, E/windows, Power steering, Remote c/locking, Alarm/immobiliser, 2x Airbags, Air con, Alloys, Radio/cassette, Head gasket/ timing belt & water pump done with .....
VOLKSWAGEN T25 TRANSPORTER CAMPERVAN PROJECT (1982)
VW T25 Camper project for sale
The camper was well loved and in regular use when it was on the road.
It has a lot of potential it is just in need of some TLC. The prices of the T25s is now on the .....