Click here to list ALL Makes
1988 Austin Mini Mayfair, Red + White, 998cc For SaleUp for sale is my 1988, F Reg Austin Mini Mayfair.
The car is in good running order and has been subject to a light restoration prior to my ownership.
- SOLID body and subframes, the photos speak for themselves. The car has lived under a stormforce cover on my driveway for two years and shows no signs of rot.
- Red with a white roof giving that classic Cooper look that we all know and love
- Grey anthracite minilites with brand new tyres.
- MOT until November (Has not been driven much since last year so shouldn't need anything doing)
- Stong engine that has never let me down and at one point this was my only car so had regular use.
- Gets admiring looks and comments wherever it goes.
- Where a greater level of maintenance skill than I can offer has been required, the vehicle has been looked after by a local and very reputable mini specialist (who comments every time it has been in how nicely maintained it is.)
- Could do with a proper interior being fitted. Lacks some ducting for the heater and vents which has never bothered me personally but I know not everyone will want to leave as is.
- The paint has chipped in places and could do with some touching up. I have a tin of paint that will come with the car.
- small oil leak which seems to be the gear selector shaft seal (common issue, just haven't had the time to sort.)
- Currently SORN due to lack of use after getting a new Golf but this has only been recently so shouldn't have any issues from being unused.
Overall, I will be sad to see this go but I simply no longer have the time or space to care for and most of all enjoy it. She's a great little motor and deserves to be driven by someone rather than being a nice driveway ornament.
Lots of invoices and receipts.
Has to go due to a house move.