Click here to list ALL Makes
Rover P5B Coupe SOLD (1972)
|This beautiful rare example of a Rover P5B Coupe was built in 1972 and supplied to Mr.F.C.Roberts of Folkestone by Barratt Automobiles, Rose Lane, Canterbury in December 1972. Mr.Roberts subsequently collected and registered the vehicle on 1st January New Years Day. Its' rarity today stems essentially from having Brown Sundym Glass all round, with which so very few examples are equipped. An expensive new front windscreen has recently been fitted after a lengthy search eventually proved successful.|
It appears Mr.Roberts had the vehicle until as late as 1993 from the original Passport to Service Booklet when the Booklet ran out of space. There are a handful of early service invoices and servicing records within the Booklet showing this Rover was well looked after exclusively by Malcolm Brisley of Brisley Bros. at Radnor Garage, Folkestone, throughout his apparent 20 year ownership. There has been just 2 owners since, and I acquired the car as a retirement project, complete and running, from a gentleman in Kent in 2012, when, although running with full MOT, was kept under cover and little used. My intention was originally to use, improve to excellent standard, and enjoy over a period of time, as I knew that plenty of work (and cost) would be necessary. As things turned out I have instead spent over three years on a sympathetic restoration in which a full bare metal professional repaint has taken place along with the refurbishment or replacement of a huge number of parts to bring the vehicle up to an excellent condition. I have only completed 1,600 miles over the two years since completion and this mainly to shows where the car has won a well respected local show in the post 1960 Class.
A short summary of the vehicle specification and the work completed is listed below:
- Rover P5B Coupe 1972, in Burnt Grey over Silver Birch with Brown Sundym Glass. Professionally Repainted September 2015. Immaculate, No Rust whatever.
Chromework excellent with much professional rechroming.
- New front windscreen.
- New Rubber Seals to all externals throughout.
- Rostyle Wheels in VGC with New Radials fitted.
- New Mudflaps fitted all round.
- Interior in Ebony Leather, skins repainted and reconnolised, bare metal repaint of floor, New Silver Grey carpets, with New Floormats.
- Front and Rear Headrests fitted.
- Original Radiomobile, Serviced and upgraded to MP3/Phone Music Input.
- Original Toolkit.
- New Interior lights, new Instrumentation lights.
- Immaculate headlining.
- Manual Choke Conversion.
- Electronic Ignition fitted.
- Stainless Steel Exhaust fitted.
- Detailed engine bay with new underblanket fitted.
- Huge list of refurbished/new Parts fitted and work completed between 2012 and 2015, fully documented.
- Engine & Gearbox fully serviced inc. new Camshaft.
- Original Passport to Service Booklet, Service Invoices, 85,000 miles with just 1,600 in past 5 years.
- TAXED and 12 Months MOT renewed this week, NO ADVISORIES.
To view, test drive, or discuss in more detail please Email or Telephone for Appointment.