1957 Porsche 356A/1500 Carrera GS/GT = Rare $895k For Sale
Located in the USA...USA-Specs...
1957 Porsche 356A/1500 Carrera GS/GT
Type Carrera 1500GS/GT Reutter Coupe
Completed May 2nd, 1957
Warranty Start Date May 2nd, 1957
Warranty End Date November 2nd, 1957
Exterior Color Special Order Lemon Yellow “51-1012"
Interior Color Special Order Green Leatherette and Cloth Vinyl
Selling Dealer Hülpert & Co., Dortmund, Germany
Original Owner Kurt Röttger, Hagen, Germany
Kurt Röttger GmbH & Co. KG Automobiles, Iserlohn, Germany
Mileage From New 21,567 kilometers / 13,401 miles
-Body-Side Trim Strips Deleted
-Special Paint Work Body Striping
-Special Rear Illuminated “D” (Deutschland) Plate for NIght Racing / Rallies
-1 Set of Rudge-Type Knock-Off Wheels
This is one of 141 356A/1500 Carrera GS or Carrera GS/GT Reutter Coupés built. The ordering dealer sold the car new to Kurt Röttger of Hagen, Germany on May 2nd, 1957 who later that same month on May 25th, 1957 became an official Porsche retail agent in Hagen Germany. Röttger’s dealership was formally named, Kurt Röttger GmbH & Co. KG Automobiles which was incorporated initially in Hagen and later, Iserlohn, Germany. His original company remains in business to this day in Iserlohn.
Warranty work was completed by Porsche on May 6th, 1957, however thereafter, Röttger performed his own warranty work at his Hagen / Iserlohn dealership until June 18th, 1958, more than six months after the warranty officially expired. Recorded warranty mileage on that date was 26,779 kilometers. The internal Porsche records have no additional information on this vehicle after September 22nd, 1958 when the last of the warranty work was closed out with the payment of the final invoice.
Known Chronological History:
April 1957 Gearbox completed and fitted with special gear ratios “B A A A.”
May 2nd 1957 Officially recorded completion date by Porsche and sale date by official Porsche agency; Hülpert & Co., Dortmund, Germany.
Warranty initiated for new owner, Kurt Röttger of Hagen, Germany.
May 25th, 1957 Kurt Röttger is granted an official Porsche Agency initially in Hagen and later Iserlohn, Germany. The company was incorporate as Kurt Röttger GmbH & Co. KG
Automobiles. (The company remained in business for many, many years until it closed in 2003 when it was broken up after going into receivership.)
July, 1957 to June 1958 Warranty work completed by Kurt Röttger GmbH & Co. KG Automobiles.
November 2nd, 1957 Warranty officially expires.
June 6th, 1958 Final warranty work completed at Kurt Röttger GmbH & Co. KG Automobiles. (26,779 kilometers recorded at this time.)
September 22nd, 1958 Final warranty payment received, official Porsche internal records end on this date.
1958-1968 Unknown at this time but believed to still be owned and kept in Germany.
1968/1969 German owner brought the car to the States and was driving across country had an engine failure when motor threw a rod.
The vehicle was traded on the spot at East Side Motors on Admiral Avenue in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
It was traded for a Ford Falcon and the former owner continued on his way to California. At the time it was traded in, the car was a faded metallic green.
The interior was still the original two-tone green cloth and vinyl. Wheels were still chrome knock-offs.
It remained at East Side Motors for sometime before it was acquire by George Starch, owner of Fame Automotive an import car parts speciality store in Tulsa.
Starch had several interesting machines including a Lotus 11. He stored the car but did little with it.
Early 1970s Purchased by Starch’s friend and noted Porsche racer and enthusiast, Howard De Haven also of Tulsa, Oklahoma for $1,500. De Haven was the owner of Rennsport Werkstatt Ltd.
De Haven and his Partner, Charles W. Grimes also had a 906, 908 and an original 914/6GT that they bought new.
De Haven restored the car returning it to the original yellow but changed the interior to black. He sent the damaged engine to Jim Wellington, noted four-cam expert in California.
De Haven also sent another early four-cam engine case, believed now to be. De Haven believes this engine may have belonged to an engineless Carrera Speedster
that had been in Tulsa, Oklahoma. That engine originally belonged to a 1956 Carrera Speedster, s/n which was the fourth Carrera Speedster built.
January 1st, 1977 Jim Wellington rebuilt the lower end engine using engine case, s/n “P90514" with internal number “110” and case numbers “48”.
Wellington shipped the engine back to De Haven and he brought it to Al Larger (sic) in Denver who assisted with completing the engine with heads and parts provided by Vasek Polak.
De Haven removed the original chrome knock-off wheels and installed new chrome KPZ wheels and hub caps sourced by Stoddards. De Haven fitted the knock-off wheels to his Speedster.
1978/79 Sold by De Haven to Ralf Lackner, owner of J. Rambo Cabinets in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Lackner drove the car very rarely and then sold it in the famous Leake Tulsa, Oklahoma auction.
1980 Purchased from the Leake Auction by French expatriate, Jon Tipenyay (sic). The new owner was a collector in the Monterey, California area that had imported several vehicles including a Ferrari 275 GTB from France.
Later Purchased by Pratt Development Corp in Costa Mesa, California possibly from one of the early Rick Cole auctions.
August 1983 Offered for sale in the classified section of the August 1983 Panorama Magazine. Described as:
"1957 356 Carrera . 4-cam, yellow/blk, 37,000 orig mi, 1000 mi since compl restoration. Very rare. $23,500.
Pratt Development Corp, 1011 Brioso Dr., Suite 104, Costa Mesa, CA.
(Interestingly the advertisement makes no mention of “knock-off” wheels but they were still fitted according to the next owner.)
December 1985 While still located in southern California, it was purchased by Isao “Sam" Yagi who exported and imported it to Japan.
March 1986 Imported to Japan and sold by Yagi Mauchi Tetsuro. Tetsuro registered this Porsche on Tokyo, Japan plates “59A 6684.”
October 1990 Registered by Mr. Takano on same Tokyo, Japan plates “59A 6684.”
March 2005 Re-registered by Mr. Takano on new Tokyo, Japan plates “530 1957.”
June 2005 Sold corporately to TECNOS Co. Ltd., and issued new plates “500 6445.”
January 2007 Registration renewed by TECNOS Co. Ltd.
June 2007 Registration renewed by TECNOS Co. Ltd., company owner, Mr. Nashimura’s name added.
February 2010 Sold to Mr. Sosouri and registered on Yokohama plates “530 547.”
March 2011 Registration renewed.
February 2018 Sold corporately and issued back original registration “59A 6684.”
March 2018 Sold to Corporately on registration “530 547.”
At some time while still in Japan, this Porsche was extensively restored and updated to full “GT” specifications including the fitting of all original components as follows:
-80-liter Fuel Tank (Date Coded September 1955)
- Full set of five steel/alloy riveted "GT" wheels all date coded May 1958
-GT Alloy Seats
-GT Brakes, backing plates, spacers etc…
-GT suspension / shocks / sway bar
-SEBRING Exhaust System
-Stabli Pronto Mirrors (L & R)
-Deluxe Steering Wheel / Horn Button
-Alloy rear “Louvered” deck lid.
April 2018 Purchased by Symbolic International for export and formal import to the United States.
Window sticker “Number one Mahag Sportwagen Zentrum"
Original Items from time of completion:
-7,500RPM Tach / 250KPH Speedometer
Items added during restoration to bring vehicle to full “GT” specifications:
Same owner for more than 30 years
Original colour combination Heron Grey with red interior
Arm rests in leather
2 Fog Lights
Ventilated Chrome Wheels
Frame Off restoration!
The Porsche 356 is completely rebuilt and in absolut new condition. The vehicle has matching number and matching color. Additionally we have the certificate of birth and a complete photo documentation of the restoration process. Convince yourself of this TOP-CAR and visit us .....
This Porsche was completely restored a few years ago and also driven. The car has always been serviced and kept in technical good conditions. A vehicle that makes fun to drive and gives happiness to have in ownership.
For more pictures visit our website www.oldie-point.at
Call us +43 676 888 450 568
The Porsche 356 B Karmann Hardtop Coupe was always registered in Austria. The vehicle had just 5 owners and the last one had it for over 45 years in his possession. As a special feature the 356 has an electric sunroof. Just before 1000km the engine was completely overhauled by a serios Porsche mechanic .....
The meanwhile rarely 356 Porsche gets released from our collection and will be saled. The car is very well preserved and technically seen in daily useable condition. The last owner restored the car partially over the last years. That is shown in the generall condition of the 356. The vehicle is exposed .....
This 1965 Porsche 356C Cabriolet is an absolutely beautiful example and a superb driver. Red with black interior. It has a 356SC motor installed. A very clean, straight and solid car that's in excellent condition for only $129,500
This Porsche 356 B 1600 S Cabriolet was professionally restored by recognised specialists during the last few years. Just driven 15 mls since completion. Stunning car. Without doubt one of the best available.
The original 911 some might say. The 356 was introduced effectively in 1948 with what was called the pre A.
In late 1959 significant styling and technical refinements gave rise to the 356 B (a T5 body type). The mid-1962 356 B model was changed to the T6 body type (twin engine lid grilles, an external .....
La Porsche 356 fut la première voiture de la marque allemande Porsche. Conçue par Ferry Porsche sur les bases mécaniques de la Volkswagen Coccinelle (par souci d'économie) et dessinée par Erwin Komenda, elle sera produite en série de 1948 à 1965. Initialement disponible en coupé, en cabriolet puis en .....