A rare beast, being a very original unrestored GTV6. I first purchased this car in 2007 from her second owner, himself having bought when she was just 2.5 years old. Since 2007 I have sold her on 3 occasions (including to my brother) the last time to her current owner in 2013. A testament to the careful way in which she has been looked after is the incredibly rare complete factory tool kit still present in the boot in its original box. She comes complete with a large and comprehensive A4 history file with every invoice dating back to February 1987 backing up the low genuine mileage of 68800 and MOT's back to 1992.
Over the 10 years or so I have maintained her she has had various works carried out, including a prop shaft overhaul, to keep her in the fine condition she presents today. The only welding work required has been the usual GTV achilles heel of the inner wings and lower wing bottoms behind the front wheels. These repairs were carried out to better than factory standard by ourselves in 2007 and are still in perfect order today. All jacking points, floors, inner sills etc are in excellent rust free condition.
During the 2013 sale preparation I carried out the following works:
1. Removal of wrap around wheel arch liners, clean underside & carry out full under body anti-corrosion treatment.
2. Dinitrol 3125 injected into all chassis rails, cavities, inner arches etc.
3. 5x wheels stripped & refinished inside & out.
4. 2x new rear shock absorbers.
5. Major service with new cam belt & water pump
6. New clutch master & slave cylinders.
7. Rebuilt cooling fans in powder coated housings.
8. Full engine bay detailing including replacement of most hoses, jubilee clips, re-plated fittings, powder coated air filter box, pressure tested & repainted radiator & full sticker set among other items.
Immeadiately after completing this work she was used for a cover feature in the November 2013 issue of Classic Cars magazine, 2 copies of which are provided in the history file.
Over the past 4 years since all the above works were completed she has completed just over 5.5k miles and had regular ongoing maintenance, including new rear brake callipers, all of which is documented in the file and provided her owner with much enjoyment, including a long distance trip abroad. However, he now feels he has 'scratched the GTV6 itch' and felt like trying a soft top Alfa so has purchased an Alfa Spider hence this wonderfully original GTV6 is looking for a new home. Not one to skimp on her, having recently become a little smoky with the usual Alfa V6 valve guide wear, she has just had the following work carried out to prepare her for sale:
1. Complete cylinder head strip down and overhaul with all valve guides and stem seals replaced.
2. All valves & valve seats recut with valve clearances correctly re-set.
3. New Reinz head gaskets.
4. Major service with new cam belt, all fluids changed, new spark plugs, air filter, distributor cap & rotor arm.
As such she is once again as fit as a fiddle and ready for a new owner to whisk her away on fresh adventures for the next chapter in her life. We see and work on these cars on a day to day basis and this is without doubt one of the best remaining examples of the model.
Featured as part of a 3 car group test in the April 2018 issue of the renowned Classic & Sportscar magazine against the BMW 635 CSi and Jaguar XJS this very GTV6 came out victorious.
Please see the link to our website for many more photos.
For further information or to view please call Alex.
carrozzeria: vettura conservata mai restaurata sempre in box 2 proprietari sana molto bella targhe edocumenti originali libretto uso e manutenzione
meccanica: perfetta meccanica, l auto ha i carburatori weber ed e stato montato il servosterzo. cerchi in lega millerighe.marmitta .....
The car was driven from Norway to the UK (1070 miles) by me in July 2017, so that should be the test of its reliability and quality. I have used it frequently over the summer 2017 and early 2018, but very little use in the last 12 months.
The car was under-sealed from new and is as a result virtually .....
This is one of that unique opportunities that rarely happens.
a 1979 alfetta 2000 "L" (Lusso) with only 21 k km in absolutely new condition.
this car was sold by "albatros automobiel" in amsterdam in august 1979.
his owner protected accurately the car body with tectyl and used the car only for .....