1968/9 JAGUAR E-TYPE SERIES 1 2+2 (known as a series 1.5) RHD.
For sale is my 1968/9 E-TYPE 2+2 finished in Opalescent silver blue with a dark blue interior (the best colour combo). 4.2 litre straight 6 XK engine with the more desirable toggle switches and series 1 rear lights. Log book say it’s a 1969 but enthusiast and parts supplier say it’s a 1968.
100k miles on the clock. I bought this car in 2014 from an ex-pat in Spain that had it in his garage for over 15 years, un-driven. I brought it home to the UK as a non-runner and have since got it on the road.
This car had no history when I bought it however a lot of money has been spent on it since arriving in the UK in 2014. Loads of receipts! (Around £20K - I am collecting all the receipts to tally it up)
Just finished a top engine rebuild - Machined head, skimmed, converted to unleaded, everything replaced incl new valves, guides, springs and other internal parts. All oil seals and gaskets replaced.
PARTS & BITS DONE SINCE 2014 (& have the receipts to back this up)
- Re-cored radiator (now installed with waterless coolant)
- New Alternator (including brackets, pulley, heat shield)
- New water cooling pipes
- Refurbished heater (core, motor, box)
- Uprated front disc brake callipers - now running on 4 pot per corner rather than 2.
- New front suspension & bushes
- Electronic ignition
- New leads / plugs / Distributor cap
- New start motor
- Replaced Engine mounts
- New Coil
- Petrol pump
- New wing mirrors & Internal mirror
- Refurbished Water tank
- New stainless steel exhaust including down pipes
- New manifolds (new gaskets / new nuts / bolts / washers / O-rings etc)
- New sump (replacing everything)
- New Brake fluid bottle
- New front seat foam
- Reconditioned gearbox (just being finished)
- New front windscreen glass / rubbers
- Re-chromed the bumpers/over riders
- Rebuilt carbs
- New battery
- New Brake Servo
- Replace some internal trim.
- New Stereo / Speakers
- New rubber Jaguar matts
- New door locks / ignition barrels
Rear subframe rebuild (everything new apart from refurbed calipers) incl:
- Refurbished brake callipers (on the rear)
- New discs
- New Bearings
- New UJs
- New suspension (shocks and springs)
- Bushes etc
- New Nuts, bolts and washers
Loads of other extra bits for future owner including heating pipes & new dash
The bad points about this car.
• Only noticeable on inspection - It has had a minor dent behind the passenger front side bumper which has indented the front corner.
• Bonnet shut lines are larger than they should be.
• Doors need attentions as they are slightly bubbling at the bottom and slightly rusting in the shutting area which is common on these cars.
With this work done it would be an exceptional car.
Mechanically this car is spot on and has had way over £20k spent on it in the last 3 years, you can get in it and enjoy it straight away and get all the attention. It just needs the cosmetic finishing off to make this car perfect.
Will send more detailed photos upon request, these were the only ones I had to hand.
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts