Click here to list ALL Makes
1967 Lotus Europa S1: One owner, California car, in UK SOLD
- One owner from new, matching numbers car
-Running and driving car with 37k miles (Speedometer is working)
-No evidence of accident damage was identified. Original owner advised the car has no accident history.
-Evidence of repaint, but in very good condition
-Very complete car including 2 sets of keys, tool kit and original air cleaner
-Lots of history, receipts, original warranty card, Lotus letters, annotated owner’s manual and parts list all included.
Body & Frame:
- The body has been repainted at some point in the Lotus ‘Straw' colour.
- The quality of the repaint is of a good standard and has kept its lustre, although a few small runs can be found.
- This is a Californian car and so the frame is in as good condition possible for an unrestored car. Please refer to the photos and videos.
- Both doors do drop and require a replacement door hinge kit.
- All the brightwork is generally in good condition and may not need restoring.
- Both fixed door windows are missing.
- Front and rear screen rubbers are perished and require replacement.
- The front storage area has retained the two locks, for which there are 2 keys.
- The engine cover has two non-locking Dzus style fasteners, which requires a tool to open them. This also accompanies the car.
- The Lucas lamps and indicators remain fitted at the front and the Carello lamps have no major cracks/damage at the rear.
- The wash wipe system is complete. It was not tested as it has not been used other than to wash the screen when driving. The system probably requires an overhaul.
- All instrument gauges work, although the Ammeter can be seen to hunt at idle.
- Non-radio car. No radio hole in the dash. Speaker blanking cover is fitted between the occupants.
- The Lotus optional Air horn system is fitted (not tested).
- A new battery was fitted 2 years ago and fits correctly in the storage area.
- The original engine (697-04/0277) remains and has allegedly never been out of the car.
- It starts and runs well in a warm environment, but I have not attempted to start in cold and damp conditions.
- The choke cable doesn’t move freely, but despite this the car starts easily. It has never been needed in California.
- An aftermarket air filter kit is installed, but the original air cleaner is included and is in very good condition.
- A Stebro twin pipe muffler has been fitted,
- A small coolant leak was observed from the water pump.
- A Lotus OE LH fuel tank is installed, along with electric fuel pumps. The LH tank fuel pump is said to have failed.
- Suspension wise, all four dampers have been stripped down, cleaned and reassembled within the last 5 years. Special tools were made and accompany the car.
- All brake wheel cylinders have been replaced and are functional.
- The original Steel wheels have all four caps and rings. The wheels were repainted due to the initial onset of corrosion within the last 5 years.
- Original Jack, Ratchet and Wrench are included.
- Original and unrestored. Seats and dashboard in good condition.
- The original steering wheel has a cover over the original trim, the condition of which is unknown.
- The Lotus horn push, ashtray and armrest are fitted.
- Headlining has been replaced at some point and has fallen down during storage. This has been removed but accompanies the car.
- Door lining vinyl has started to separate from the door inners.
- Driver’s sunvisor is not fitted to the car, but the rail and visor are included. No passenger visor installed/included.
- The glovebox lid has been repaired with a piece of aluminium angle, probably due to a seized piano hinge damaging the original.
- The seatbelts have been changed to US items.
- No carpets fitted.
At some point, an aftermarket Air Conditioning system was attempted to be installed, but never ran properly and was removed.
The following were identified:
- There is a double pulley on the alternator
- There is a small condenser mounted behind the Right Hand Rear wheel, beneath the luggage area.
- Two rectangular holes have been cut (very neatly) into the RH rear wheel housing to feed air into the condenser.
- The ventilation plenum fan has been relocated to the A/C condenser and the resulting hole in the plenum closed off.
- A separate ‘cold air feed’ has been added to the plenum, to compensate for relocated fan.
All import VAT, duty & fees have been paid and the NOVA certificate has been issued by DVLA.