- One owner from new, matching numbers car
-Running and driving car with 37k miles (Speedometer is working)
-No evidence of accident damage was identified. Original owner advised the car has no accident history.
-Evidence of repaint, but in very good condition
-Very complete car including 2 sets of keys, tool kit and original air cleaner
-Lots of history, receipts, original warranty card, Lotus letters, annotated owner’s manual and parts list all included.
Body & Frame:
- The body has been repainted at some point in the Lotus ‘Straw' colour.
- The quality of the repaint is of a good standard and has kept its lustre, although a few small runs can be found.
- This is a Californian car and so the frame is in as good condition possible for an unrestored car. Please refer to the photos and videos.
- Both doors do drop and require a replacement door hinge kit.
- All the brightwork is generally in good condition and may not need restoring.
- Both fixed door windows are missing.
- Front and rear screen rubbers are perished and require replacement.
- The front storage area has retained the two locks, for which there are 2 keys.
- The engine cover has two non-locking Dzus style fasteners, which requires a tool to open them. This also accompanies the car.
- The Lucas lamps and indicators remain fitted at the front and the Carello lamps have no major cracks/damage at the rear.
- The wash wipe system is complete. It was not tested as it has not been used other than to wash the screen when driving. The system probably requires an overhaul.
- All instrument gauges work, although the Ammeter can be seen to hunt at idle.
- Non-radio car. No radio hole in the dash. Speaker blanking cover is fitted between the occupants.
- The Lotus optional Air horn system is fitted (not tested).
- A new battery was fitted 2 years ago and fits correctly in the storage area.
- The original engine (697-04/0277) remains and has allegedly never been out of the car.
- It starts and runs well in a warm environment, but I have not attempted to start in cold and damp conditions.
- The choke cable doesn’t move freely, but despite this the car starts easily. It has never been needed in California.
- An aftermarket air filter kit is installed, but the original air cleaner is included and is in very good condition.
- A Stebro twin pipe muffler has been fitted,
- A small coolant leak was observed from the water pump.
- A Lotus OE LH fuel tank is installed, along with electric fuel pumps. The LH tank fuel pump is said to have failed.
- Suspension wise, all four dampers have been stripped down, cleaned and reassembled within the last 5 years. Special tools were made and accompany the car.
- All brake wheel cylinders have been replaced and are functional.
- The original Steel wheels have all four caps and rings. The wheels were repainted due to the initial onset of corrosion within the last 5 years.
- Original Jack, Ratchet and Wrench are included.
- Original and unrestored. Seats and dashboard in good condition.
- The original steering wheel has a cover over the original trim, the condition of which is unknown.
- The Lotus horn push, ashtray and armrest are fitted.
- Headlining has been replaced at some point and has fallen down during storage. This has been removed but accompanies the car.
- Door lining vinyl has started to separate from the door inners.
- Driver’s sunvisor is not fitted to the car, but the rail and visor are included. No passenger visor installed/included.
- The glovebox lid has been repaired with a piece of aluminium angle, probably due to a seized piano hinge damaging the original.
- The seatbelts have been changed to US items.
- No carpets fitted.
At some point, an aftermarket Air Conditioning system was attempted to be installed, but never ran properly and was removed.
The following were identified:
- There is a double pulley on the alternator
- There is a small condenser mounted behind the Right Hand Rear wheel, beneath the luggage area.
- Two rectangular holes have been cut (very neatly) into the RH rear wheel housing to feed air into the condenser.
- The ventilation plenum fan has been relocated to the A/C condenser and the resulting hole in the plenum closed off.
- A separate ‘cold air feed’ has been added to the plenum, to compensate for relocated fan.
All import VAT, duty & fees have been paid and the NOVA certificate has been issued by DVLA.
At auction there this Lotus Year 1971 mission known for the Lotus was in 2015 restored extremely complex and with attention to detail.
There some tags have been implemented around the built-in motor to the fullest to can.It was installed an Audi BAM 1781 cm3 engine. With Turbo 320 hp and 400 Nm of .....
The Lotus Type 46 Europa (Europe) was designed by genius engineer Colin Chapman in 1966.
Lotus won the Formula 1 World Championship in 1963 and 1965, and Indianapolis in 1965.
Inspired by mid-engine Lotus race cars, the revolutionnary Europa made it possible to drive a "road-legal prototype", one .....
FOR COLLECTORS - FOR SALE !!!
NOTICE TO COLLECTORS
VERY RARE "LOTUS EUROPA" S1B (46Mk1) 1968
The most beautiful and elegant of the "LOTUS EUROPA"!
Exotic sports car, from the modern and unique concept of his style.
British manufacture of 102 units (from February 1968 to April .....
Lotus Europa Special Big Valve 5 Speed c/w correct brand Lotus Alloys ***SOLD***SOLD***SOLD***
Original colour, rare in this colour, Oatmeal trim. Subject of a full restoration many years ago including new Lotus chassis, now out from Lotus collection and subject to a new service and MOT ready to be .....
Located in the USA...dry desert.... (((( coming soon and on request please LHD 1969 Lotus Europa S2 Coupe Green(~)Black
Coming soon and on request please....
- 7 Seven Series 1
Body Style: Roadster
Lotus planned the Europa to be a volume-produced, two-seater mid engined sports coupe built to reasonable cost, quite an ambitious goal for the time. Like all Lotus vehicles of the era, the Europa was designed and built following Chapman's oft-stated philosophy of automotive design: "Simplify, then .....
Located in the USA...
- LOTUS EUROPA "STREET / TRACK " PROJECT UTILIZING.
- A Fast SUZUKI GSXR 1000 Engine... = custom light and stronger builds...
LOTUS EUROPA PROJECT CAR FOR STREET AND TRACK...Racers or drivers...
- 1970 Lotus Europa S2. Disassembled .....
Just finished an 18 month restoration on a new Lotus chassis. Body stripped of all paint, repaired as necessary and beautifully finished. New dashboard, wiring, radiator, all pipework, brakes, clutch, door handles and all locks, all lighting, chromework, springs, dampers, wheels, tyres, windscreen, .....
Lotus Europa Twin-Cam Big Valve, 1972. Stunning restoration in Team Lotus red/white colours. Total restoration from bare chassis upwards and in beautiful condition throughout. Trimmed in soft magnolia leather interior. Original alloy wheels. New chrome bumpers front and rear. Fantastic car .....