Fully Nut & bolt restored some years ago; this car has seen very sparing dry weather only use ever since & has also been the winner of some Lagonda club awards. Unusually the car was specified from new with an extra large boot allowing for long continental trips with luggage. The car is in immaculate prize winning condition to this day. When we arrived to photograph it the car started instantly as did all the cars in the collection & has clearly been fastidiously looked after having covered just a few thousand miles since restoration was completed.
The restoration was a nut & bolt body off affair. New ash wood was let in as & where required once the frame was exposed. Upon reassembly the car had a paint job of superb quality in a shade of pale grey. All the mechanics were disassembled & rebuilt as required to as new specification. Grey Connolly hides were sourced for the interior along with a blue double duck roof & hood bag giving the car & elegant & striking appearance. A full set of photographs come with the car detailing the extensive restoration undertaken.
Through the Twenties and early Thirties, a confusing array of models and bodies characterized Lagondas but in 1933 Lagonda began to modify its 'Selector' chassis to accept the 4 1/2 Liter Meadows overhead valve six cylinder engine which had become available in quantity when Invicta, its contracted user, went into receivership.
Quickly implemented, the new M45 enjoyed immediate success with 108 horsepower and attractive, low coachwork designed and built in Lagonda's own coachworks at a price some 600 pounds less than a comparable Bentley, and at that price the Bentley had yet to be bodied.
That was not, however, sufficient to ensure success in the midst of the depression and in 1936 Lagonda was bought out of receivership by Alan Good. He installed Dick Watney (from Rootes) as Managing Director and W.O. Bentley as Technical Director and set out to build 'the best car in the world', with a V-12 engine designed by Stuart Tresilian from Rolls-Royce.
In the meantime, however, a reset was necessary. That was the LG45, a thoroughly redesigned model with a new W.O. Bentley-designed X-braced frame and wishbone independent front suspension with torsion bars. New coachwork was essential to establish the revitalized Lagonda's identity and it was designed by a young Frank Feeley whose later designs for Aston Martin would establish him as one of the foremost body visionaries of the mid-century years.
His LG45 designs, tourer, saloon and new drophead coupe, were superb, with long, sensuosly swelling, sweeping fenders, a long bonnet, dual sidemount enclosures (one holding the spare wheel and tire, the other the tool set and jack) and a clean, integrated grille and front fender valences that hid the front suspension. The drophead coupe's top incorporated an efficient folding mechanism and simple profile when erected.
This 1936 Lagonda LG45 Drophead Coupe is chassis number 12104, one of just a few Sanction 2 LG45s built with a revised location for the dual ignition's pair of magnetos.
The car is located in Belgium & may be viewed there by prior appointment. It has been part of a small collection for a number of years & is now being sold due to the advanced age of the current owner. It is 1930's elegance at its finest & is a fast powerful open tourer in the style of a grand routier.
Reference Number AW160216b
Make Aston Martin Lagonda
Model Lagonda 3.0L DHC
Drive Side right
Odometer reading 71320
Exterior Colour Green
Interior Colour Cream
Looking absolutely splendid in the superb colour scheme of Green with contrasting Cream interior .....
1957 LAGONDA Litre RHD.
This is an opportunity to acquire one of the last 78 four door "Sportman Saloon" bodied by Tickford surviving with last engine (same that Aston Martin DB2 and DB2/4) designed by W.O. Bentley himself.
New paint : Bentley Brooklands BRG.
Engine rebuilt some years ago but not .....
1933 Lagonda Three Litre, T7 Open Tourer
Chassis number: Z10441
Registartion number: AUL728
A beautiful car hat has had enormous sums spent on it in recent years. The body is a Lagonda T7 item that has had new timber let in where requred. The engine has undergone a full rebuild some .....
Stratton Motor Company are pleased to offer this Lagonda 2.5 Drophead Coupe
Finished in two tone Maroon and Cream,
Recent new mohair burgundy hood,
Leather interior re-trimmed in beige,
Very pretty car,
Reasonable history, some with Stratton Motor Company,
Ideal car for club events,
4-litre 6 cylinder, 236 hp. Only 55 cars built. RHD, automatic transmission. First registered in the documents 1979. Delivered new on December 5th 1963, Matching- Numbers, vehicle history very well documented, 108'500 miles. Shown in several Aston Martin Books. A lot of receipts since 1988 with the .....
In 1928, Lagonda unveiled their latest edition to the existing line up; the new 3 litre model, which was effectively a derivative of the earlier 16/65. The new model’s styling was true to a type already proven, and a good following had grown for the 2 litre car.
To my mind, the 3 litre six cylinder .....
In 1925, Lagonda decided to steer the company on a slightly different route. Lagonda was known for very nimble and light cars but decided to start heading to more luxurious and sporting models. The Lagonda 14/60 was introduced in 1925 and it was the first model of Lagonda where the gearbox wasn’t .....
Based on an original frame, this Lagonda M 45 Rapide was build up from ground ca. 5 years ago in the specification of the legendary Le Mans winning car from 1935.
For a better ride, they also installed a fully synchronized Alvis-transmission and a better clutch for higher quality gear changes.
The Lagonda M35 R was built only in 1935 to provide a bridge between the departing 3 litre model and the new Meadows 4 ½ litre engined M45 with its 3 ½ Litre six cylinder seven bearing crankshaft engine (number 2978) being a development of the previous 3 litre unit. The car used a Rapide chassis (in .....
Lagonda M45 Coupé „One-Off”
Single piece! Aluminium body, perfectly eligible for concours events.
This car was especially built for the 1934 Olympia Motor Show by the British coachbuilder “Brainsby Woollard”.
The Coupé is a very elegant appearance and presents itself today, also on .....