1986 Rare 200 Avant quattro turbo.ex John Haynes OBE For Sale
*Car now been sent to Specialist Body shop for repaint*
Featured in Classic car weekly.
In daily use great in the snow with Quattro and winter tyres and still returning 34.5 mpg overall!
MOT No Advisories
This example is one of only four Audi 200 Avant Quattro Turbos still on the road in the UK. Mechanically it is in good condition with lots of work done over the past few years and is still used regularly. The exterior can charitably be described as tired, but thanks to the fully galvanised body, rust is limited to stone chips and other minor spots. The underside is solid and almost like new thanks to extensive wax treatment over its life.
Some of you may recognise this car...
• From 1986 to 1999 the car seems to have belonged to a certain John Haynes OBE and was in regular use as attested to by a full set of service stamps to 124,000 miles.
• It was then stood gathering dust in the depths of the Haynes Motor Museum until 2011 when the previous owner to me bought it.
• The previous owner did some electrical repairs, drove it about 500 miles and then sold it in 2013.
• The next owner drove it for about 5,000 miles, had it serviced regularly and had more extensive work carried out.
I bought this car for historic interest alongside my RR's,as I owned one 30 years ago!
As far as price goes, these are rare and prices are hard to pin down, but they certainly seem to be going up in value at present. Overbrook recently sold a none runner for ?9995! . I'll consider any reasonable offer ,I am more interested that it goes to an enthusiast who will keep it on the road.
MoT to: October 2019!no advisories
I also have a collection of spare parts (including a brand new Michelin-man hose, ABS sensor, ABS control unit, rear suspension parts etc. etc.), a set of Bentley manuals (for the US Audi 5000 equivalent) and the original wiring diagrams (in German!). These are not included with the car but are available by separate negotiation
In more detail:
• Mechanically in good condition with over £4,000 spent on the following work done in the past four years:
• Front suspension and subframe rebuild, inc new shocks, lower tie rods, upper ball joints, subframe bushes and engine and gearbox mounts.
. NEW FRONT DISCS/PADS AND CALIPERS!
. New Battery Oct. 2018
• New steering rack.
• New propshaft centre bearing. and new cv joints at both ends of propshaft
• New brake master cylinder and hydraulic brake accumulator.
• New fuel pump, fuel accumulator and fuel injectors.
• New cabin heater blower.
• New (exchange) starter motor.
• New rear disks, pads and calipers.
• Timing belt replaced.
• Original Audi parts or OE parts from ZF/Lemforder used where available. Rare parts sourced from Germany, USA, France and Slovenia.
• All the 'toys' are currently working (cruise control, trip computer, auto-check system, electric memory seats, diff locks, central locking, electric windows, electric mirrors)
• Starts first time, every time, even when it's sub-zero (ignoring flat batteries).
• Currently has an almost new set of Continental WinterContact TS 850 winter tyres.
The bad - I've tried to be honest here. The car is far from concourse. You're buying a 130k mile / 31 year old car, so don't waste my time and yours if you'll be disappointed by any of these:
*NOW AT SPECIALIST BODYSHOP FOR PAINT*AUGUST 2019*
• Paintwork in tired condition with crazing, some minor rust spots I've tried to show these in the photos.
• Air-con doesn't work - no gas (what did you expect?) but the blower and heater controls do work.
•PROPSHAFT HAS JUST BEEN REBUILT AND BALANCED BY BAILEY MORRIS.OCT 4TH
• Drivers seat side bolster has been scuffed through and needs repair.
As I have said before an extremely rare car that is running, driving and on the road. A future classic.
This car was has been with me for sixteen years it's been well looked after, this car is in stunning idego blue it's interior is blue valour with matching dashboard the car had only 86,000 miles when.....
This Exceptional Condition Audi A6 2.8 Quattro Sport Avant is presented in Ming Blue Pearl Effect with Vanilla Ambiente Fine Napa hide interior with colour coded headlining . Powered by the 2.8 V6.....
NICE EARLY ORIGINAL MK1 TT
ALTHOUGH NOT A CONCOURSE CAR A VERY GOOD ORIGINAL COLLECTORS PIECE
THESE ICONIC CARS WERE TOTALLY UNIQUE AND FUTURISTIC, EARLY EXAMPLES ARE NOW BEING SNAPPED UP BY COLLECTORS.....
Here we have the desirable Audi A6 Estate Le Mans edition in Black. It has done just 71,862 miles, and has a 2.0 litre diesel engine which returns great MPG. This car has some lovely features including.....